2005 Solara Multi-information Display - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Solara Forum for discussion and information related to all generations of the Toyota Solara. 1st Generation (1999–2003) 2nd Generation (2004–2009)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA 2005 Solara Multi-information Display

I replaced the radio in my 2005 Solara 2dr and lost the ability to toggle the Multi-information Display in the dash. It still works, but displays the default (Instantaneous fuel consumption) instead of what I want (Driving range). I had the installation technician reconnect the factory radio, select Driving Range then, with the battery still connected, switch back to the new radio. It held the setting until the battery died months later. The installation technician said the DISP button on the steering wheel routes through the radio harness and wasn’t sure if the radio contained dedicated circuitry for sending the proper control signal to the display. Does anybody have any knowledge of how all of this operates or wiring diagrams showing pin outs for the radio and display? If I knew what type of signal the display requires, I might be able to use one of the steering wheel control interfaces (PAC SWI-PS or Axxess ASWC) to control it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Solara