Toyota Nation Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Less Viscous Than Others
    '13 Camry SE
    423 Posts
    Hi Mike , sorry I didn't see your message and question about the Techstream software.

I first bought the cheapo cable "mINI vci" IS THE NAME THEY GO BY BUT IT DIDNT GET AS DEEP INTO THE CARS SETTINGS (TRANS TEMPERATURE) AS I NEEDED , THEN I BOUGHT THE aLLsCANNER DEVICE. It was a bit finiky to load but it works best on a windows XP laptop, which I have. It asked for a registration code and yes the seller provides that but it was dicey. I had thought I got ripped off but I emailed the seller and they asked for a screen capture and then I sent that to them. After a while I got the patch. I think it gives you something like 3333 days of use which is 10 years or so. I figure by then the software will be even easier to find and replace.... I hope. SO it was a bit "weird" feeling to have to buy it and then hope they send the right code and wait a few days for it but in the end it all worked out for about $90 total.

And sorry for that caps lock typing above.

· Registered
    '06 Avalon
    1,616 Posts
    SumpChump - hope you don't mind the PM. At toyotanation I see a comment you made in a techstream thread about having sourced a cable from amazom. I assume this cable came with the techstream software. You mentioned having no issues with registration. I assume the seller of the cable/software CD provided a work around for username/password?
    Thanks for your time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…