2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums


» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota USENET Discussion Groups > alt.autos.toyota > alt.autos.toyota.camry

alt.autos.toyota.camry Toyota Camry discussion newsgroup.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
mwebsurfer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View mwebsurfer's Photo Gallery
2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad

I have a 2003 camry with about 20500 miles which has been making a
buzzing noise intermittently on light acceleration. I finally decided
to take it to the dealer today and was told the problem is a bad
intake manifold which is the subject of a TSB. He says that the car
is out of the federal warranty(3 yrs or 36000 miles) and will cost me
$575.00 to repair. I think this is unfair as the car is only 3 months
out of the warranty and well under the 36000 miles. The enjine is a 4
cyl. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise on how to
get Toyota to repair it at their expense. I have owned 5 Toyotas and
this is the first to have any problems at such an early stage. Any
help will be appreciated.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
mack
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View mack's Photo Gallery
Re: 2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad


"mwebsurfer" <mwebsurfer@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:CbP%g.2128$6f4.183@trndny01...[color=blue]
>I have a 2003 camry with about 20500 miles which has been making a buzzing
>noise intermittently on light acceleration. I finally decided
> to take it to the dealer today and was told the problem is a bad
> intake manifold which is the subject of a TSB. He says that the car
> is out of the federal warranty(3 yrs or 36000 miles) and will cost me
> $575.00 to repair. I think this is unfair as the car is only 3 months out
> of the warranty and well under the 36000 miles. The enjine is a 4 cyl. Has
> anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise on how to
> get Toyota to repair it at their expense. I have owned 5 Toyotas and this
> is the first to have any problems at such an early stage. Any
> help will be appreciated.[/color]

I'd suggest you take your problem to the "alt.autos.toyota" newsgroup
.....there are a few very knowledgeable folks there who might steer you in
the right direction.
This problem does sound like a bummer, with the 36 months expired, but way
under the 36,000 miles. Since the time element has elapsed, the Toyota
folks would seem to have it their way.


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
cassybyrd@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View cassybyrd@gmail.com's Photo Gallery
Re: 2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad

Yes!! I have the same problem, I had the Intake Manifold replaced in
Feburary 2006 at 589.00 (part was 404.00 plus labor) and now, here nine
month later the car is making the same noise as before...the guy at
Totyota of Gastonia stated that the part is only under warranty for 6
months!! but alos stated that the intake manifold on that model 2003
was a bad one and he has replaced lots of them..they will not recall
the part because it isnt a safety issue..something needs to be done.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View johngdole@hotmail.com's Photo Gallery
Re: 2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad

I was just writing the other day about the 2002+ 2.4L's noise problem
with the intake manifold, about making sure the intake manifold was
replaced when looking at a used 2002+ Camry. I would think Toyota had
the problem solved, but looks like the new manifold design is failing
too.

Consider talking to the Toyota Customer Service hotline. See if they'll
honor the claim as goodwill. The general consensus is that Toyota's
quality has been going downhill since the redesign in 1997. They should
still have some lag timg before all the goodwill is burnt up. Who would
have thought an intake manifold could cause problems this day and age.



mwebsurfer wrote:[color=blue]
> I have a 2003 camry with about 20500 miles which has been making a
> buzzing noise intermittently on light acceleration. I finally decided
> to take it to the dealer today and was told the problem is a bad
> intake manifold which is the subject of a TSB. He says that the car
> is out of the federal warranty(3 yrs or 36000 miles) and will cost me
> $575.00 to repair. I think this is unfair as the car is only 3 months
> out of the warranty and well under the 36000 miles. The enjine is a 4
> cyl. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise on how to
> get Toyota to repair it at their expense. I have owned 5 Toyotas and
> this is the first to have any problems at such an early stage. Any
> help will be appreciated.[/color]

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
KjunRaven
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View KjunRaven's Photo Gallery
Re: 2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad

[email]cassybyrd@gmail.com[/email] wrote in news:1163902814.599674.117380
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
[color=blue]
> Yes!! I have the same problem, I had the Intake Manifold replaced in
> Feburary 2006 at 589.00 (part was 404.00 plus labor) and now, here nine
> month later the car is making the same noise as before...the guy at
> Totyota of Gastonia stated that the part is only under warranty for 6
> months!! but alos stated that the intake manifold on that model 2003
> was a bad one and he has replaced lots of them..they will not recall
> the part because it isnt a safety issue..something needs to be done.
>[/color]

exactly what kinda noise do the 2.4 (2002-2006) camry intake manifolds
make??......we buy 50 camry's a yr. (rental fleet) all US built, and sell
at 45k miles. ive never run into this particular noise. would like to know
something about it tho........explanation or webpage would be
appreciated.........kjun
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Roadrunner NG
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
View Roadrunner NG's Photo Gallery
Re: 2003 Camry Intake Manifold bad

My 05 Camry w/14k mi. sounds like it is pinging at low takeoff speed (4
cyl). Did it from day one. You only hear it when the windows are down in the
summer and the radio is low. A fleet owner may not notice this kind of
annoying sound. I thought it might be a valve train problem, but others
identified it as a manifold problem?? it is a little higher pitch than a
ping and you can't feel it. Never heard of noisy intake manifolds, but we'll
see when the dealer looks at it the 1st week in December. I thought this was
supposed to have been taken care of on the 02/03 vintage but apparently not.
They will be looking at this problem, a sqeaky dash, squeaky door trim on
both front doors, a rattly shift handle( common problem that sounds like a
rattle coming from the dash), a drivers seat that rocks(another problem on
many Camry's) and a rattly overhead console. So much for quality, but we'll
see if they fix all this stuff.


"KjunRaven" <KjunRaven@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:dhr8h.903$_H5.389@tornado.texas.rr.com...[color=blue]
> [email]cassybyrd@gmail.com[/email] wrote in news:1163902814.599674.117380
> @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
>[color=green]
>> Yes!! I have the same problem, I had the Intake Manifold replaced in
>> Feburary 2006 at 589.00 (part was 404.00 plus labor) and now, here nine
>> month later the car is making the same noise as before...the guy at
>> Totyota of Gastonia stated that the part is only under warranty for 6
>> months!! but alos stated that the intake manifold on that model 2003
>> was a bad one and he has replaced lots of them..they will not recall
>> the part because it isnt a safety issue..something needs to be done.
>>[/color]
>
> exactly what kinda noise do the 2.4 (2002-2006) camry intake manifolds
> make??......we buy 50 camry's a yr. (rental fleet) all US built, and sell
> at 45k miles. ive never run into this particular noise. would like to know
> something about it tho........explanation or webpage would be
> appreciated.........kjun[/color]


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota USENET Discussion Groups > alt.autos.toyota > alt.autos.toyota.camry

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is Off
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
98 Toyota Camry OEM Intake Manifold asheik9201987 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001) 6 05-17-2005 03:56 AM
Continuation of my 1MZ-FE thread... New pics of the intake manifold Tony the Tiger Show & Share 54 04-30-2005 03:55 PM
DIY Cold-Air Intake bondobondo Hardcore Tech and Competition 40 11-24-2004 01:41 PM
Bad Camry Publicity... 90CamryDx3SFE Off Topic 11 11-02-2003 07:32 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
ToyotaNation.com is an independent Toyota/Lexus enthusiast website. ToyotaNation.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. The Toyota, Lexus and Scion names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.