Toyota Nation Forum banner

Navigation center dashboard help

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gutzman 
#1 ·
We test drove a 15 hybrid camry and the navigation information was in the center of the dashboard. It wasn't on navigating but instead showed what street we were on, speed limit and direction. We purchased the 2015 avalon hybrid touring with navigation HDD, entune. We can't figure out how to display the same information that the camry had in the center dash. It will display distance to turn with the lane graphic when you are navigating but that is it. Any idea??

#4 ·
Try calling your dealer. Our dealer has one person (not a salesman) whose ONLY job is to help new owners set up their cars' electronic (navigation) and functional (ie: which doors unlock when unlocking the driver door, setting the seat adjustments, etc). The Toyota navigation system is lacking in many ways... Good luck
NOTE: I didn't answer your question because I don't know the answer, I call the dealer.

#6 ·
I don't think the Avalon HDD nav system provides speed limits. I have been very frustrated with the quality of the nav system. I have a 2013 Limited hybrid and just did the 2014 map upgrade. They only update data but never seem to give you new functionality. I am glad to hear that the 2015 Camry has it, maybe the next major redesign of the Avalon with get the same function. Camry seems to get refreshed much more often. I did notice that even the 2013 Camry had more function than the 2013 Avalon, like 3D mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.