Toyota Nation Forum banner

Post up your Cressy Pics!

232K views 283 replies 136 participants last post by  Alberta turbos 
#1 ·
Post pics of your Cressida......Yeah!

So those of you with your Cressidas please post up some pictures. Would love to see what everyone is doing to their cars.

Cheers. :thumbup:

#2 ·
Mine is an Australian spec MX73 GLi (1985-1987)
Here's a pic by the previous owner.

(yes, he is tall and the car is lowered)

He was an apprentice spray painter, so he did a good job.
He also replaced the side plastic strip with aluminium strips, detailed the 5M-GE cam covers in the same colour, polished and painted the brake booster, put shiny heat reflector sheet under the bonnet (hood) and lowered the suspension.

#5 ·
stepho said:
Mine is an Australian spec MX73 GLi (1985-1987)
Here's a pic by the previous owner.

(yes, he is tall and the car is lowered)

He was an apprentice spray painter, so he did a good job.
He also replaced the side plastic strip with aluminium strips, detailed the 5M-GE cam covers in the same colour, polished and painted the brake booster, put shiny heat reflector sheet under the bonnet (hood) and lowered the suspension.
Wow I was wondering a few years ago how a X73 looked in lighter blue. Its much better than I imagined.

As for my car its in the gallery if you want to see it.

#6 ·
CACressida said:
I like the fact that your Cressida is friggin rediculously clean, but seriously dude, you got the ugly duckling X62 Cressida. You really have to downgrade to a X32, or upgrade to a X73 or X83.

Heres mine:
Naw, I love the looks of the 63's. The 73's & 83's are a close second, but the 32's are actually my least favorites in terms of looks.

#7 ·
I like the MX63.
Just like an MX73 except with sharper edges.
Never really liked the MX3#.
That front end doesn't really look like it has decided what it wants to be (curvy, square, big, small).
The MX13 was much nicer with its pointy nose (similar to the popular Holden LJ Torana and Holden HQ Kingswood that was sold in Australia at the same time).

- Stepho

#8 · (Edited)
I really don't have any 'current' pictures of my Cressida bought in April 07 for $1000. This picture below was taken back in April 2007. I will post newer ones up.

The fact that I seem to be the only owner that has a X73 around this town is special. The car was perfect until during towing, driver front tire peeled and damaged a bunch of stuff.

(Before I polished the markings out. Day I took the pic of the tire iccident).

Needs a fender I think, moding. Needs tail light, chrome trim, and interior headrest. Other then that, it's good. Needs slight attention for 3 rust spots.

I don't mind the X63 models. They had same steering wheel of my Camry (Gen1). The X73 Cressida has a more distint common look of the Gen1 Camry though. The steering wheel was the same with the leather wrap. I really like the X73 and the X83, the X83 looking really nice when lowered with the X73 keeping stock and clean. The X63 is nice classic look.

#11 · (Edited)
Ah...snow.

Lucky we don't have to deal with the snow (and salt), but since we do have our share of rains, pot holes are uncommon (along with flying gravel)

So here's mines. Not that great of an angle but this is what the *better* shots I have.

I need a few things though. Interior head rest in the back are gone, Tail lens along with center plate neets to be replaced from rear collusion (I'm guessing from the original, I believe i'm the 3th). Needs chrome trim for trunk. Also need a front windshield, crack getting worst.

Overall, it runs good. I just replaced the 20 year old sparkplug wires, plugs, dist cap, and rotor (Had 1986 typed on the wires). who knows how old the plugs were but...they look pretty worn. Car has only 75K (miles) on it. What is making me worried is that they all had oil (or it looked like oil) on the plugs. #1 was the worst as the #6 wasn't as bad.

(From #1)

(From #6)

I'm just suprised I didn't have no issues starting the car before with such worn thing. It always starts up so quick, even when it had the old plugs in.

#13 ·
Heres some of my 88 X73 Sedan

Sadly shes is going to the Junkyard.. if anyone needs anything let me know
Ill gladly pull them before she goes on monday

And this one reminds me of fond trips to the beach

#16 ·
87cresstyle said:
my baby girl...cresstyle!

The side mouldings are already gone

and as for the rims, they are supras that were polished

Most of the stuff went on my 86 x73 that i aquired a while back that pretty clean with 93K miles on it

#21 ·
Thanks! I love that stretch of road in the mtns..

yeah I took care of her since day 1. My parent's bought the car new when i was a freshman in HS. then I "took" it when I was a sophmore in college and it has been mine since. hehe...

#22 ·
TRD-MX83 said:
Thanks! I love that stretch of road in the mtns..

yeah I took care of her since day 1. My parent's bought the car new when i was a freshman in HS. then I "took" it when I was a sophmore in college and it has been mine since. hehe...
Wow...

You know, theres not many people who has a Cressida from the time they (or their parents) bought it new.

Amazing XD