91 Cressida mods - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Cressida Forum No one can deny the Cressida has a solid platform. A cult Toyota classic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Japan 91 Cressida mods

I just got a 91 cressida. I'm looking at getting a cheap intake for it, like an ebay one. but I cant find any, are there any other car intakes that will work? Like an old N/A supra or something? Also are there any other cheap ways to increase HP? Also I know there are all of toyota parts that will fit cressidas, like supra suspension, Is there a list of all the toyota parts that fit cressidas?

Thanks.

Last edited by boombringer; 04-12-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2009, 07:30 AM
'90 Cressida

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
theres no ebay CAI's floating around for the cressida. you have to custom job just about everything, but its not hard if you have a little ingenuity. i think a honda civic CAI fits with some slight modification. also don't use the ebay filters - they're crap. toss them out and get a K&N or better yet an apexi. i'm sure there are lists, try google
#3 Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Cressida nut

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Rice is so tasty :-p

-The only cheap performance is advancing the timing.
-Air intakes won't give you jack. look at the stock intake, it's as big as the TB the whole length. rabid chimp makes one for the MKII supra that's close but not quite. that's it.
-For exahust 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust or 2.5" crappy bends, pacesetter or rabid chimp headers are all there is in that dept.
-of course there's turbos and 2JZs but that isn't the cheap route
-BY FAR the single best mod you can possibly do to make the car more fun and fast is to swap a W58 5-speed (use a MKIII NA supra for parts...all the parts)
-suspension: search around, there are starting to be a few options but not much short of coilovers. MKIII supra rear struts and springs fit in back with minor modding (drill 2 holes or dremel the strut mounts) for a 1.5" drop and negligeable increase in springrate.

other than the 5-speed, headers, or a 7mgte(BHG, rodknock)/JZ goodness ($$$) everything is custom

-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
'94 Pontiac Firebird LT1, T56
'90 Cressida, 7M-GE, M5
'91 Toyota Pickup, 22R-E, M5, 2wd
#4 Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
Rice is so tasty :-p

-The only cheap performance is advancing the timing.
-Air intakes won't give you jack. look at the stock intake, it's as big as the TB the whole length. rabid chimp makes one for the MKII supra that's close but not quite. that's it.
-For exahust 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust or 2.5" crappy bends, pacesetter or rabid chimp headers are all there is in that dept.
-of course there's turbos and 2JZs but that isn't the cheap route
-BY FAR the single best mod you can possibly do to make the car more fun and fast is to swap a W58 5-speed (use a MKIII NA supra for parts...all the parts)
-suspension: search around, there are starting to be a few options but not much short of coilovers. MKIII supra rear struts and springs fit in back with minor modding (drill 2 holes or dremel the strut mounts) for a 1.5" drop and negligeable increase in springrate.

other than the 5-speed, headers, or a 7mgte(BHG, rodknock)/JZ goodness ($$$) everything is custom

Alright thanks, Should I just get a new air filter? Or get an adapter and a cone filter?
#5 Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM
'90 Cressida

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
the K&N oem replacement filters do nothing other than being reusable and not filtering quite so well (although so close it probably doesn't matter). if you really want to replace that filter get a cone.
#6 Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Cressida nut

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombringer View Post
Alright thanks, Should I just get a new air filter? Or get an adapter and a cone filter?
if you want to look cool and spend money, cone. if you want more induction noise, put some tape over the hole in the resonator in the intake pipe. just make sure it folds around and is caught in the hose clamp so you don't suck it in.

-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
'94 Pontiac Firebird LT1, T56
'90 Cressida, 7M-GE, M5
'91 Toyota Pickup, 22R-E, M5, 2wd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Cressida Forum