Paseos on the Road? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Tercel, Paseo, Starlet, and Sera Forum Discussion area for Tercel, Paseo, Starlet, and Sera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-20-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Paseos on the Road?

I've been driving my 1996 Toyota Paseo for 20 years. It has over 270,000 miles on it, and I've never even charged the AC. I change the oil about every 10,000 miles and just changed the transmission fluid for the first time. This car is like Rambo. I drive this car about 80 miles round trip to work every day. I love this car and never sell it.

If you have a Paseo, how many miles does it have on it, and has it been as great a car for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 PM
New TN User

112000 only :-). Driving it everyday to work and back, safely and happily.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-27-2017, 05:56 AM
Frustrated Owner

!992 Paseo

I found one a couple years ago with 125000 miles on it. Love the Paseo. This one is completely stock totally unmolested. Most of the parts I have changed have been stock Toyota parts. Pryor to this I had a 1995 Paseo with 275000 miles on it. I had to swap transmissions from it to the 92. 92s tranny started leaking from the axle seals like crazy. I still have the original tranny so the spring project is to rebuild it. Then swap them back out. I rebuilt full suspension front and back including front control arms. New brakes from hard lines to wheels. New wheel bearings front and back. New clutch, water pump, axle shafts, and tires. Not that it needed most of that. Its just that I had all that stuff for my 95 already. Paid $600 for it and got another $1000 including tires. Trying to clean up the body this year and maybe paint late this year early next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
New TN User

Garage
Hello Joe

I have a 1996 toyota paseo convertible with 131,000 miles that still has original paint and motor and I am in the process of making a project out of it. The reason why I bough it is from reading reviews like yours so thanks!
post #5 of 5 Old 02-17-2017, 03:13 PM
New TN User

Well, after 21 years you can expect some expenses due to tear and wear (and age, of course). For example, my battery died after four months only. After cursing Italian batteries, I replaced it with a Bosch and went to my mechanic immediatly. Ugh! Battery was not to be blamed. It was the alternator that gave too many volts. Fortunately parts are cheap: found one on the web for $110 so he replaced it. Ivtook the chance to finally replace the shock absorbers and their mountings which still were the originals. Found the KYB ones at a discounted price ($35 each) also online. When we replaced them we saw the real brand of the originals: KYB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Tercel, Paseo, Starlet, and Sera Forum