Toyota Nation Forum banner

95 t100 2.7 starter clicks once in cold winter only

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  kobej05 
#1 ·
I have a 95 t100 2.7 it only does this at winter time. Starter only clicks once on the first start up in the morning. I have to keep trying till it catches. Has a new battery the connections on the clamps are clean. Thanks[emoji106]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Sounds like the starter click of death. Definitely git those contacts replaced before you git stranded somewhere. If y have the original OEM starter, it's worth the time to replace the contacts and plunger vs buying a rebuilt or aftermarket one. I believe there are a few threads in here with piccies on the process. ;)

#9 ·
What says it has a Cold Weather Spec starter on it? Not sure what your referring too?
If your not sure, order a set for both types of starters and just use the one you need.
Even if you don't want to return the unused set it's still way cheaper than any other option!
I'm guessing that the dimensions of the contacts are different between the standard spec starter vs. a cold weather spec starter.

#15 ·
Well, you know it's causing you issues and it's not gonna fix itself or git better over time. If you want to gamble and find yerself stuck at the store or a parking lot because it's not wanting to engage, you can do that. If you git the chance to git it done, take the opportunity to make it happen. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.