need help with what you see on pics - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

T-100 Forum Discussion forum for the short-lived but extremely popular Toyota T-100 model.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BamZipPow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-15-2017, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
need help with what you see on pics

I've had my truck (1994 Toyota T100 M/T 5 speed 4x4 6 cylinder 3.0 3VZE) for a few months now and whenever I have time I check and work on the truck (DIY kinda guy)....any info on the following pics will be greatly appreciated...

Will this spring be good for now ? M/T no cruise control...

What valve is this ? What wires or hoses connect to it ?

Does this sensor or switch have something to do with 4x4 ?

Can anyone advice me on where these wires go ?

Broken TVV correct ?

Oil temp sensor or something else ?

Where does the hose on the bottom of charcoal canister go to ? Does it return to fuel tank ?

Last edited by jeraldcunanan; 05-15-2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Update information
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeraldcunanan For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (05-15-2017), SC T100 (05-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-15-2017, 11:18 PM
T100 Road Warrior...

Thanked 3,313 Times in 2,617 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Welcome to the forum!

It's been a few years since I got to look at the 3vze engine so I'll do the best I can.

Picture 1. You shouldn't need a spring on there to keep the throttle closed. The two coil springs on the throttle body shaft should be able to do that. If yer using it to keep that from rattling, okay.

Picture 2. The vacuum routing map should be on the underside of the hood. I'm not sure where those hoses would go to or come from. You might have to scour the forums or the Internet fer piccies of the engine bay to find out. I'm not sure if the factory service manual would show that or not.

Picture 3. Maybe that switch is fer the 4WD indicator light? Do you have a wider shot of the area?

Picture 4. I don't think that white large gauge wire is supposed to be grounded to the throttle body like that. What colors are the three wires in the other part of the harness? I think an Electrical Wiring Diagram would be really beneficial here.

Picture 5. TVV? I think that might be the Engine Coolant Sensor (ECU uses to calculate with) Does the plug have a single wire or two wires?

Picture 6. I believe that is the oil pressure switch. Does yer instrument panel have an oil pressure gauge on it?

Picture 7. There should not be any hoses that return to the fuel tank. They should vent into the intake system when the vapors can be burned off. Keep in mind the job that the charcoal canister is supposed to do...capture vapors from the fuel tank when it expands. Trace the hose and find out where it terminates at.
beerhunt likes this.

1998 T-100 SR5 2WD auto, Roadmaster Active suspension, oil catch jar, AC mod, aero cap, lower aero package, 67% grill block
The Following User Says Thank You to BamZipPow For This Useful Post:
SC T100 (05-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > T-100 Forum