Toyota Nation Forum banner

97 T-100 iac valve confusion

3K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  BamZipPow 
#1 ·
So I got a p0505 code and I had already bought a iac gasket so after many hours later removing stripped threads on the bolts I realize I have the wrong gasket. What gasket is this?? I have the L gasket.

Also how Do I test my iac solenoid? I don't know which pins to apply the voltage to.

And lastly can I use zinc coated bolts? I have read stainless may be bad due to dissimilar metals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
I striped the screw heads. And If I don't use stainless are plain zinc screws from home depot? Or do I need something more substantial?

Also that link seems to go to the wrong thread

#16 ·
I checked per the service manual. The resistance of the solenoid and then confirmed that the valve opened and closed properly. I need to actually check the power in? What should it be 12v? And is it on during accessory?

#18 ·
Ok I'll check that out. And the ground from the battery or are there local grounds? Also I did notice that my connector doesn't click in when I plugged it back in. Does anyone know if that is normal? Or if not which side has the clip the solenoid or the leads? Lastly if I just get the code with no noticeable stumbling is this something I can just live with?

#19 ·
Um...you didn't mention that were issues with yer harness connector. I believe the harness side has the clip and yes...it will make a big difference if the IAC valve works or not if the wiring harness connector doesn't make a good solid connection to the IAC valve connector. You might be able to ziptie it in place or you can pull the connector from a junked 3rzfe based vehicle and swap it onto yer harness. ;)

The IAC valve connector should have 3 wires...Pin 1, Violet wire/red stripe (RSC); Pin 2, white wire/red stripe (12VDC); Pin 3, Violet wire/yellow stripe (RSO). RSC might mean close and RSO might mean open? ;)

The IAC valve only comes into play when the coolant reads cold. Once the engine is at operating temp, the circuit isn't supposed to be involved any more until the coolant gits cool enough. ;)

#22 ·
So to not hi jacking but just adding a little FYI as you be able see once you take one of the hoses but used the shorter one to connect and do the bypasse but the longer one just used that to plug the other end and you'll be good to go. This only take 10min out of your time if you want. Why this is just to have a better cooler air and you gain. 100HP/75TQ "JOKING" But does NOT over heat .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.