AZDean: no go on that bumper. It will also look a lot different soon.
So my Rocky Road SuperSliders for the T100 showed up tuesday. Finally had some time to put them on. Well mostly installed. Need a right angle drill. My friend has one. Only 1 bolt into frame on each side so far. So have 6 more holes to drill.
From the back. They stick out just far enough. About flush with the middle part of the door. They make it much easier to get in. Not putting all the wear on the edge of the seat.
8 bolts that mount to the body.
Front frame mount. Not much space for a regular drill. Only 1 bolt.
Rear frame mount. No space for a regular drill. No bolts.
Even with the one bolt, these things are sturdy. Added some 3M stair grip tape. Nice and grippy for wet shoes.
Will take better pics tomorrow.
__________________ 96 T100 4x4 - 5spd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OndrejT100 For This Useful Post:
I love them so far. They weren't cheap. But only "REAL" sliders available for the T100. The Supersliders which also have a step (ones I got) are $409. Minus step they are $309. The set weighs 120 pounds. So shipping isn't cheap. SLC, UT to Vail, CO cost $120.
But they are super sturdy. Barely even flex. They provide a nice step to get in cab, grab stuff from the bed, or wash the roof.
They were pretty easy to install too. First side took about an hour and second side only 20 min. I was also doing it by myself, so I'm sure with a helper things would go faster.
UPDATE: Got a right angle attachment for my drill. Got the front done, but for the back I will need a shorter drill bit. Ughh. No so much space between frame and body.
Another day off, so got a lot of small things done on my T100.
My battery terminal clamps were loose and tires. Picked up some brass ones at Autozone. Lot tighter and think electricity is transfered easier. The truck does seem to start better now.
The bumper does make a nice shelf for my tools, phone, and coffee.
All done. Even fixed the rubber boot on the positive terminal. No need to have it short on the hood.
Finally hooked up the turn signals on the new bumper. One side I was able to just hook up the wires into the OEM connector. On the other side the light bulb socket had no wires and the socket was corroded. Didn't have my soldering gun so I retrofitted the stock light socket into the TJM turn signal. Little tedious, but works great.
Old light bulb socket cut out.
OEM light bulb socket retrofitted.
From the inside the light housing.
I also re-did my steering wheel wrap. I love it, feels good to the hands and is nice and grippy.
Got the spokes a little better too. And yellow strip at 12 oclock, bacause RACE CAR
And went for a little drive up Homesteak Reservoir. Drove about 3 miles in.
Finally got some snow here in Vail, CO. So went skiing, but had to go test the T100 in some snow first.
Got up and drove to vail by 7:30am, drove up Piney Lake Rd. up to the gate. Ugh, 2nd tracks, that was no fun. But the snow was deep, at least 10".
Skied at Vail till about 10:30am, about 2hrs total. Things got way too busy for my liking.
Went and grabbed some lunch and then some more T100 "testing"
Drove up Berry Creek, in Edwards. Made it to the same spot I take pictures at. Put chains on the rear about half way up. Maybe would have made it without chains but less wheelspin and a little safer with chains. The road/trail has a pretty steep drop-off on one side.
My temporary aero wheel covers. haven't notice any mpg gains.
Locking hub barely poking out. Wonder how out of balance my wheels are now.
The drove down and up the other side of the canyon, which is June Creek. Here I finally got some fresh tracks.
Where I turned around on June Creek.It goes all the way to the top of the ridge, but I wasn't making it, at least not today.
On the way down, the T100 tracks from before, and Beaver Creek/Arrowhead ski runs across the way. After getting down went skiing to Beaver Creek for a couple hours. Excellent day in the Rockies playing in the new snow.
__________________ 96 T100 4x4 - 5spd
Last edited by OndrejT100; 01-23-2012 at 08:11 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OndrejT100 For This Useful Post:
I think the oil pump will have an extra port or you could the extra port right below the oil pressure sensor...both OEM ports are 3/8" NPT. Use an 8mm hex wrench to remove the plugs. AutoZone makes an 1/8" to 3/8" NPT adapter that costs about $3.
You could git a sandwich adapter fer the oil filter location and use the ports off of that fer pressure and temp. Ideally the temp should come from the pan.
The water temp should come from the intake manifold. You could tap the original sensor fer the instrument cluster gauge and see if it will support the new gauge.
This is just great! If you do decide to not do one of those gauges, might I suggest using a vacuum gauge.
By the way this is a GREAT project. Thanks for all the pics. This is a lot of work as well. It is going to turn out great, judging by your hard work on your other projects!!! This will really transform the interior of your truck into the new decade!
Just great. Thanks a lot!!!
1996 T-100 3.4L 2 Wheel Drive
20% Tint all around, New Seats
Pioneer CD Player, Sony 6.5" Components Front, 6x9 Clarion Components Rear
Added sound insulation rear; Gibson SS Exhaust
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.
ToyotaNation.com is an independent Toyota/Lexus enthusiast website. ToyotaNation.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. The Toyota, Lexus and Scion names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.