Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tacoma BS Thread

151K views 834 replies 56 participants last post by  hotajax 
#1 ·
Starting a BS thread for us 2nd Gen guys and gals...in case you didn't figure it out from the thread title.:D

I'll sticky this soon but want to give you a chance to see it before moving it up there.

I know Dark Taco was going to change his oil today, anyone do anything interesting?

#250 · (Edited)
Ice fishin? :naughty:

There's at least one lake we drive by sometimes in the winter where people do ice fish. They're nuts...especially when they have to dig down thru 6 feet of snow just to get to the ice!

#253 ·
Threw the coat and gloves on and washed the HL yesterday and the Taco today. Got all the salt and sand off of both. Never seen them use so much salt! Finally are getting above freezing lately after 3 weeks of constant below freezing temps. The 7 inches of snow from Dec 26 is finally melting (though there's still ice on our driveway and the roads in spots). Forgot what a white truck looked like. :)

#257 ·
Moose, how do you wash the salt off? Crawl under/alongside the truck? I ran mine through the wash on Saturday (rolled up the bed mat this time, and left it in the garage). :lol:

Came home and dried the chromed places, and cleaned the windows and mirrors.

#256 ·
We have a heat wave, up in the lower 50's today. Truck has not been washed since T-Day. If the weather continues to be warm, think I will take to one of those places that hand washes. Costs a bit but worth it to me.

#259 · (Edited)
One of our loveliest young ladies at work ended up with a flat tire this week. Of course, I offer to help her out. Around here we had some freezing rain and luckily enough she parked outside the night before. She drives a Jeep Liberty and the spare is bolted to the back with about a 1/2 of ice covering the vinyl cover and zippers. It's damn cold (-15-20 with wind chill) after wrestling with the zippers I finally get the cover off. At this point I'm starting to get cold, but she's standing inside watching so my pride is swelling up so I keep on keeping on. Finally, I'm ready to show off now. I open the tail gate of my truck pull out my cordless impact driver and piece of fiberboard. I zip, zip, zip the spares off....lay down on the fiberboard jack that thing up...zip, zip, zip the flat tires off and spare is on in 2-3 minutes. I go back inside and I'm greeted with a nice big hug. Moral of the story.....I will never buy a vehicle with a vinyl cover protecting the spare. I will always keep my impact driver and fiberboard in the back of my truck and most importantly when the hottest woman at work is stranded being handy takes on a whole new meaning.......that's all I'm saying. :D

#260 ·
What a nice guy. :thumbsup:

Now what would you have done if she drove a Ridgeline if the spare cover in the bed was coated in a layer of solid ice? :naughty:

#262 ·
As Red Green would say, "If the women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!". But, since you aren't Canadian, odds are, you've probably never heard of Red Green. He was the star in a canadian comedy TV show, lots of episodes on youtube.

#265 · (Edited)
I love the color of your truck! I always see other Tacomas and think, "MAN that's a sexy truck!" But then I think oh yeah I drive a sexy truck too...LOL!

***So new to this forum stuff. Meant my comment to 08TRDOFFROAD

#278 ·
Below is what I wear when I actually wear a watch. I always have my phone with me now, so never need to wear it. Still, I tended to not wear a watch in the winter because long sleeves would push the adjustment knob against my hand bothering me. Then in the summer, I wouldn't wear it because it just added to me being hot (don't handle the heat too well anymore as I've gotten older). I don't remember the last time I wore it. :dunno: I always liked the Timex Expedition watches. This one is probably my 3rd one.