Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tacoma BS Thread

151K views 834 replies 56 participants last post by  hotajax 
#1 ·
Starting a BS thread for us 2nd Gen guys and gals...in case you didn't figure it out from the thread title.:D

I'll sticky this soon but want to give you a chance to see it before moving it up there.

I know Dark Taco was going to change his oil today, anyone do anything interesting?

#10 ·
As long a were BS'n....I've been on a watch addiction kick lately. Sporting a new Swiss Army Chrono XLS.
Amazon What do you guys wear?
I don't wear a watch. I always have my cell phone will me so I just look at it. I am still sporting a Blackberry 8120....no smart phone for me...yet!

I would love to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S3!

#7 ·
I have a Timex Expedition (pretty much won't buy anything else), but I hardly ever wear a watch.

No point in me having a 4G LTE phone because we're in a 3G area (I go wireless at work and at home anyway). But I read that it's 10X faster than 3G. Have you gotten the Autoguide App?

#15 ·
I'm going to try and overhaul the front end of my truck later this summer/fall. I hope I get the time to do it. I'm planning on starting with the BHLM and then the grill, lower valance, and fog light holes. Hope to get it looking like Royce's truck in the first pic (he didn't do the fogs) in his build thread below. He used bedliner spray, but I'm nervous about doing something permanent like that. If I chicken out, I'll plasti it first. I think it looks good, but I'm chicken.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136307

#23 ·
This might fit in the BS thread. I just got a Ford F-250 King Ranch diesel. So here is the BS..... what do I do with the Taco. It is paid for, so I am thinking of turning it into a trailer queen for pure off-roading. Thoughts or suggestions?

#27 ·
Just spent 5 hours moving a bathroom fan switch. Attic was 109 degrees according to my watch. I think it was hotter as sweat was dripping off my face at the rate of 1 per second.

#29 ·
Just spent 5 hours moving a bathroom fan switch. Attic was 109 degrees according to my watch. I think it was hotter as sweat was dripping off my face at the rate of 1 per second.
I'm thinking a minimum of 120 degrees and probably closer to 130 - I poked my upper body into our attic during/after new AC/furnace install as new return duct lines were needed. This was mid afternoon and I had the same situation. My feet were sweating and they were still in the living area.

#34 · (Edited)
Did you guys see the news on the disappearing TRD Sport for 2013?

For the 2013 model year the Toyota Tacoma’s TRD Sport package has been discontinued but gets a touchscreen audio system.

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/07/toyota-announces-pricing-for-seven-2013-models.html

Wow, isn't that exciting? A touchscreen instead of all the sport options! (sarcasm duly noted) And no more TRD then for the DC Long Bed? This out to be interesting...

EDIT: Discovered that all the news magazines/articles were wrong. According to the Official Toyota Press Release, it's only the Sport Upgrade package being discontinued, not the Sport package. Journalism as its best!

#36 ·
I got my rear 3 windows tinted with 5% on the taco yesterday, looks great, keeps much cooler with the A/C. Washed it on Sunday, and changing the oil tonight. This after I finally got my front TRD billies installed last week. I hope it doesn't get spoiled.

#37 · (Edited)
Sitting here at the Calif State Fair watching tons of people getting in and out of a red Baja Edition XC Tacoma. I think I'll go sit in it just to see how the seats compare to my SR5.

#39 ·
I liked it. My only complaint is the headrest ('07+ headrests) leaning forward. Had to recline the seat more to have room for my head. It had all the goodies in the mirror (homelink, backup camera, etc), strong tie-downs in the front of the bed, and a 3-leaf pack in back (they finally got their act together). I'm one of the few that actually like the graphics. I like the new layout around the radio and such along with the color scheme. Seats were very comfortable. I question the ability of the fabric to withstand stains though. Very 3-dimensional fabric which has to be hard to get things out of it, but it felt okay in shorts (soft like my seats). I'm sure they'll be able to get my drool out of the seats.:D

#40 ·
Hmm this might cure my irresponsible ice fishing driving :)

I live where lakes get a teensy frozen and slightly deep with that lovely fluffy stuff and sometimes just sometimes (okay lots) I get a little stuck or as we say lets fish here hahaahaha!

Not really interested in sled's atm, this would suit me mucho better, now only if production will bring numbers down to $2000 or less :lol:

#41 ·
I live where lakes get a teensy frozen and slightly deep with that lovely fluffy stuff and sometimes just sometimes (okay lots) I get a little stuck or as we say lets fish here hahaahaha!

Not really interested in sled's atm, this would suit me mucho better, now only if production will bring numbers down to $2000 or less :lol:
I've always found those things to be idiotic.
For the price they want for those, you can buy yourself an argo... which would be one hell of a lot safer on ice (since they float...)

#43 ·
I think I need to add a little more air to my front tires. Gas station had the powder down again this morning...free chalk test!:rockon:

Rear

Front