Pics of tacoma add ons. Take a look - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)

2nd Generation (2005+) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Danny1's Photo Gallery
Pics of tacoma add ons. Take a look

Custom designed and built grill

Scan gauge mounted. Valuable tool !!!

Oh, no cold ass for me !!!

Danny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View dude8803's Photo Gallery
Hey Danny
Im not a big fan of the color red, But I will give you credit so far so good. The seat covers you have are they the graphite ones sold by the dealer. If so let me know what you think about them pro and cons if any. That grill is Big Dog I can always appreciate a unique set up. Keep up the good work and of course what next for the Taco?
dude8803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

Seat covers are OEM covers. Covers do not cover all of the seat just the face, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a seat cover. But, they say "Tacoma" on them !!!!

The grill also helps protect the radiator. No bugs or leaves get to it now.

Next will be a custom intake with the biggest air filter that will fit.

This was the one of my 04 f-150 that i made vs. stock.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View Eddie 70's Photo Gallery
I like the seat warmers. Nice touch. Did you just mount them under the seat covers? On my list of things to do is a Scan Gauge also.

2006 Double Cab Super White Prerunner Sport
8 Mods So Far, Fog Lights, Map Light, DRL Mod, 18% Tint All Over, and Power Outlet Always On, TRD Seat Covers, Homelink Mirror, Redline Hood Supports
Eddie 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View 1slktoy's Photo Gallery
I like the looks of where you mounted the gauge. Maybe more details of how it is mounted please?
1slktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official Newb

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View TucsonTRD's Photo Gallery
hey danny, more power to ya, but bigger doesn't equal better. translation...a bigger air intake doesn't equal more power. i'm not familiar with how the ecu handles it and where the maf is. but, most of todays modern vehicles are tuned and designed for the way they come from the factory. when you start changing something like the air intake which could affect how well the engine breathes, the ecu may not recognize it and the engine may run dangerously lean. i'm coming from the wrx crowd and an intake was the first mod newbs wanted to do. well, it isn't good to lean out your engine
Old 12-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

I realize what is going on here. I have a pyrometer to see what's going on with the EGT's. I saw 150F difference with my F-150 mod.

I pretty much will be studying the TRD intake very well.

I'm really am only looking for better MPG and response.

I used a GPS mount from Best buy to mount the Scan gauge to the A-pilliar.

Will post more later !!!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
My search-fu is weak!

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
View Zman2k2's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonTRD
hey danny, more power to ya, but bigger doesn't equal better. translation...a bigger air intake doesn't equal more power. i'm not familiar with how the ecu handles it and where the maf is. but, most of todays modern vehicles are tuned and designed for the way they come from the factory. when you start changing something like the air intake which could affect how well the engine breathes, the ecu may not recognize it and the engine may run dangerously lean. i'm coming from the wrx crowd and an intake was the first mod newbs wanted to do. well, it isn't good to lean out your engine
Very true. You don't want to grenade the engine with a lean condition. But if I remember correctly from another thread, our Taco's run fairly rich. I think it was measured with a wide-band o2 and read around 11.5:1. So the addition of an intake doesn't do much to threaten the lean condition. And from other posts as well, it does improve throttle response and increase engine noise at WOT, but that's about it.
Zman2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)