Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tacomas and slide-in campers!

17K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  mjonags32 
#1 · (Edited)
Tacomas and campers- PICS ARE UP!

Camper pics.......

is anyone else putting a slide in camper on their Tacoma? Mines an '08 Access cab TRD, and I found a 6 foot 6 inch camper from the 1970's, that works great! It's in really good shape, it was stored under cover for the last 15 years or so. :eek:

I had to build up the "basement" about 3 1/2 inches so it sits higher in the box, because I guess back in the day, import pickups had much lower box sides than today. The only other thing to overcome was the fact that the camper is not much wider than the truck, so the tie down points are a bit closer to the truck body than I would like - but it works fine.
I'll do some customizing on those tie down points later.

The camper only cost me 700 CDN, so it is a pretty cheap experiment -
So far, it looks perfect for what I want - a couple weeks per year hunting, and a couple of fishing trips here and there.

I'd be interested to see pics of what you're using, and how you've got it set up!

Camper pics:

Interior pics:

Table comes out and the bench slides out to make a full size bed.

The cab-over portion needs a foamy, and it is also a bed, but not if you are over 6' tall.

- I had the bolt-on style tie down bars installed, rather than a "belly bar", so as not to lose any clearance.
The rear tie down bars bolt onto the OEM hitch. Pretty standard stuff: You then insert a smaller bar into each of the receivers, which have chains attached, and secure the other end of the chains up to the camper's securing points.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.