Toyota Nation Forum banner

Illuminated 4wd Selector Switch

73K views 148 replies 38 participants last post by  tacoguy53 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!! https://sites.google.com/site/tacoma4x4led/

I recently completed a much needed upgrade to my 4wd switch. I found a seller that offers a simple and relatively inexpensive solution. An led circuit board that is pretty much plug and play!

The board can be purchased here.

https://sites.google.com/site/tacoma4x4led/

There are several different color combinations available. I chose the "stock" red, it matches the speedo needles, hazard button, and red on the A/C control temp selection exactly, it is a bit off of the amber in the dash however, I believe the seller has corrected this and has an exact match to the factory "orange", but the little bit of a difference doesn't bother me at all! I highly recommend this much needed upgrade to anyone. The truck should have come this way from the factory! The fit and finish of the board is top notch, install is simple and I couldn't be happier!

Here are some pic's of my install...

Switch removed

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

As a side note, I found it much easier to run the wire from the switch to the a/c controls by removing my stereo also. I just did not take a picture of this.

PCB installed

Switch reassembled

I T-tapped on the A/C controls. I tapped the red to green and white to green/white stripe, this enables the switch to light only when the marker or headlights are turned on, it also allows the switch to be dimmed with the rest of the dash lights via the dimmer switch.

Switch illuminated!!!! :smokin:

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep, transaction went super smooth, and the guy was great to deal with. He spent alot of time on R&D to get everything to fit and work just right. Not to mention the product was well worth the price! HoosierTacoma08 has also installed one in his truck, except his is blue lettering and red arrow, you guys should check out his build thread to see his pic's!

#11 ·
Stock red. I haven't changed any of the other components so I stuck with OEM colors. Got the LED's inside the switch, the wires soldered on, now just have to put the connectors in the plug and splice some wires.

Hoping to mount a few in cab 110v outlets this weekend as well if everything goes well.

#15 ·
This is great! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

#23 · (Edited)
Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

So close, but no. It was so bright the day I installed the kit that I didn't notice.

RCBS204 did a nice job, easy install using the directions above. Just needs a note about don't foul up and kill an other bulb.

#25 ·
You should get ahold of him, he will help you trouble shoot the problem!

No worries, just a dead bulb in the AC unit. Swapped it last night, now the left knob is dark.

To the dealership for a bulb soon, probably buy two while I'm at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.