New Guy with 2013 Tacoma - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
2nd Generation (2005+) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
New Guy with 2013 Tacoma

New to the forum here. Just purchased a 2013 PRerunner Double Cab Long Bed Tacoma TRD Sport. Wondering if anyone has seen a carpet kit to go over the rear seat backs when they're folded down. The hard plastic is a little slippery for the dog and I'm trying to keep her off the seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Wishin I was Fishin

Welcome. Probably and DIY project. Carpet squares with adhesive backing come to mind.
#3 Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
20' Daredevil (Retired)

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
^^ I agree. You might be able to pick up outdated rectangular carpet samples from a flooring store.

2005 D-Cab O/R 4x4
#4 Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
New TN User

Maybe a piece of indoor/outdoor with a rubber backing.
#5 Old 01-13-2013, 01:40 PM
20' Daredevil (Retired)

This is a bit different but it might work -- a rubber horse stall mat. It's heavy so it will be hard to handle, but it will stay wherever you place it, no sliding around. Should be plenty durable too. Comes 4' x 6' x 3/4" thick and could be trimmed to fit.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/rubber-...-6-ft--2219003

2005 D-Cab O/R 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to Splicer For This Useful Post:
SanDogDewey (01-14-2013)
#6 Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Banned

When I got my new Tacoma it came with carpet mats and they were installed by a person from the dealership that was fully trainned in installing them,,, and I was told to NEVER remove them,,, and IF I do remove them,,, DO NOT reinstall them,,but bring them back to the dealer and they will install them by a trainned professional,,, they also told me to NEVER-Never purchace any after-market floor mats,,, if I feel I need new ones they would be happy to sell me new ones that are approved by Toyota
I would highly suggest to purchace approved mats from your Toyota Dealer,,,, NO after-market ones.
#7 Old 01-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Wishin I was Fishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
When I got my new Tacoma it came with carpet mats and they were installed by a person from the dealership that was fully trainned in installing them,,, and I was told to NEVER remove them,,, and IF I do remove them,,, DO NOT reinstall them,,but bring them back to the dealer and they will install them by a trainned professional,,, they also told me to NEVER-Never purchace any after-market floor mats,,, if I feel I need new ones they would be happy to sell me new ones that are approved by Toyota
I would highly suggest to purchace approved mats from your Toyota Dealer,,,, NO after-market ones.
Floor mats have nothing to do with this topic. Please re-read original post.

Last edited by Dark Taco; 01-14-2013 at 06:05 AM.
#8 Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 AM
New TN User

Quote:
What I'd like to know is what's so special about floor mats that you need an "authorized" person to install them? Heck, all we did for my dad's taco was get the $10 cheapo all weather mats, cut holes for the retention hooks and around the gas pedal, and that was that. You're being scammed son.
#9 Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Got Snow?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Thanked 1,008 Times in 793 Posts
Garage
Quote:
You've never worked at a dealership. I have. Shoot, they don't even train the person changing the oil!

And Dark Taco's correct, this thread has nothing to do with floor mats.

For the OP:

Rubber mat and carpet are fairly common. But this one's the best IMO:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post616585

'05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s, 12/3/04
Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Selector Switch,
DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter (Moose Filter Mod) | & 2010 Highlander 4WD
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Moose For This Useful Post:
SanDogDewey (01-14-2013)
#10 Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Wishin I was Fishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
You've never worked at a dealership. I have. Shoot, they don't even train the person changing the oil!

And Dark Taco's correct, this thread has nothing to do with floor mats.

For the OP:

Rubber mat and carpet are fairly common. But this one's the best IMO:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post616585
Careful don't disagree with him. He may send you a nasty PM!
#11 Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM
20' Daredevil (Retired)

Quote:
You cannot be serious, don't you realize what you sound like by posting such garbage? A fully trained professional is required just to install floor mats?

This is off-topic in this thread anyway.... I hesitated to respond b/c I'm starting to believe you're little more than a troll.

2005 D-Cab O/R 4x4
#12 Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the inputs guys.

Wonder why they didn't include a "CAR" button on the Navigation to display tire pressure and fuel economy? Looks like other models have it.

Patrick
2013 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Dbl Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
#13 Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Got Snow?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Thanked 1,008 Times in 793 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogDewey View Post
Thanks for the inputs guys.

Wonder why they didn't include a "CAR" button on the Navigation to display tire pressure and fuel economy? Looks like other models have it.
Toyota's just inconsistent when it comes to stuff like that. On the Highlander Hybrid, you get info on each tire. If a tire is low, it tells you which one. On all the other Highlander models (included Limited), you just get the TPMS light. It does not tell you which tire is low. I agree with you that it doesn't make sense to make things like that so different between models.

'05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s, 12/3/04
Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Selector Switch,
DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter (Moose Filter Mod) | & 2010 Highlander 4WD
#14 Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
I would highly suggest everyone get Weathertech floor mats, as they are AWESOME!!

Stryker
2013 Magnetic Grey Metallic Limited Tacoma
Mods in the future
Calgary, Alberta.
#15 Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
(1) OFF TOPIC,

(2) I wonder where Toyota sends their professional floormat installers to school???

(3) That bit about the dealer and the floormats is the biggest pile of BS I have heard on this forum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozarkie For This Useful Post:
Dark Taco (01-15-2013), Shep85 (01-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)