keyless entry for a 2005 tacoma dbl cab - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)

2nd Generation (2005+) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View jnaom's Photo Gallery
keyless entry for a 2005 tacoma dbl cab

Does anyone know how to program a keyless entry remote for a 2005 Tacoma dbl cab 4x4?
jnaom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View BowtieGuy's Photo Gallery
The vehicle should meet the following conditions before proceeding; *The key is NOT in the ignition *Driverís door is OPEN (The others are CLOSED) *Drivers door UNLOCKED (Not necessary for Echo) 1) INSERT and REMOVE the key from the ignition cylinder, TWICE within 5 seconds 2) CLOSE and OPEN the driverís door TWICE within 40 seconds 3) INSERT and REMOVE the key into the ignition cylinder 4) CLOSE and OPEN the driverís door TWICE within 40 seconds 5) INSERT the key in the ignition and CLOSE the driverís door 6) Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approx. 1 sec. Intervals ď 2Ē times to enter REWRITE MODE 7) REMOVE the key from the ignition (The door locks are cycled LOCK-UNLOCK within 3 seconds TWICE to let you know that you have selected REWRITE MODE) 8) Within 40 seconds press BOTH the LOCK & UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second (Press and release). 9) Within 3 seconds press and release the LOCK button on the same transmitter (The door locks will cycle ONCE if the transmitter was recognized and TWICE if it was not recognized {if you get two cycles start over}). 10) Within 40 seconds repeat step 8 and 9 with any other transmitters you wish to program 11) One of the following will END the Rewrite mode; *40 seconds elapses *Drivers door is opened *Key inserted into the ignition cylinder *4 transmitters are registered
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Big05Taco's Photo Gallery
Can you program the truck to beep or beep the horn when you lock/unlock doors? My lights flash and the dealer says that is all it will do.
Big05Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User

Mine just flashes the lights. As far as I know, thats all it can do. I think (know) if you get the VIP RS3200, it should honk the horn when arming. At least I suppose it does. I actually work at a local dealership, so I will see if I can find out
Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

no dice......

1. General
The wireless door lock remote control system has the following functions:
Function Outline
All Doors Lock
Pressing the LOCK switch of the transmitter locks all doors and prohibits the electrical
back door outside handle operation.
All Doors Unlock
(2-step Unlock)
Pressing the UNLOCK switch of the transmitter once unlocks the driverís door, and
pressing it again within three seconds unlocks all the doors.
Answer Back
The hazard light flashes once when locking, and flashes twice when unlocking, to
inform that the operation has been completed.
Panic Alarm
Keeping the PANIC switch of the transmitter pressed longer than about 0.8 seconds
causes the following alarms to activate.
 Sounds the horn.
 Flashes the hazard lights, headlights, and taillights.
 Illuminates the front interior light (Switch is DOOR position).
Automatic Lock
If none of the doors are opened within 30 seconds after they are unlocked by the
wireless door lock remote control, all the doors are locked again automatically.
Repeat
If a door is not locked in response to the locking operation of the transmitter, the
integration relay will output a lock signal after the 1 second.
Illuminated Entry
When all the doors are locked, pressing the UNLOCK switch causes the interior lights
to illuminate simultaneously with the unlock operation.
Security Sends an operation signal as a rolling code.
Transmitter Recognition
Code Registration
Enables the registering (writing and storing) of 4 types of transmitter recognition
codes in the EEPROM that is contained in the integration relay.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
nicoj122

View nicoj122's Photo Gallery
mine honks the horn when i lock and unlock.

my truck came with an alarm system, but i dont know if its the rs3200 or not.

i do know i have a hood pin switch and a red LED button light mounted in one of the plastic covers where the siwtches go next to the steering wheel. you know, like where the switch for the bed mounted 115v outlet is.

the LED is just a round red button that blinks when alarm is activated. also it can be pushed in or left out. when i bought the truck the salesman looked clueless when i asked him how to work the switch. he just said "leave it pushed in" ive noticed no difference of having it in or out. any ideas?

i would like to know what alarm i have but i'll just guess its the VIP one. a friend of mine has the same led button in her highlander. bear in mind i am in puerto rico so the options may or may not be different, but i was neither charged nor given an alternative, nor informed of the alarms presence
Old 04-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

If it's the same as all the others, the key must be turned to the "on" position, and the button pushed once to activate valet mode. Then use the same procedure to place it back in standard mode. If your has a small red l.e.d. on the top, then it is the 3200.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Big05Taco's Photo Gallery
Thanks, Bowtie. That's pretty much what I was told at the dealer. Other vehicles I have owned in the past (Dodge) had the option of programming the ECU to do what ever you wanted, like lock all of the doors once you roll past 15 MPH and sound the horn when you lock the doors with the remote. You could turn the features on and off. Oh well!!
Big05Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
New TN User

View bagwell's Photo Gallery
how about how to program a remote for an 02 Tacoma?
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View IndigoTaco05's Photo Gallery
Hello,

What is the end of the procedure in order to set your entry system to unlock all the doors on a DC 05 tacoma with just a single push of the unlock button.
Thanks
IndigoTaco05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
New TN User

View JrFan's Photo Gallery
Would these same instructions above work for an '04 Tundra Double Cab?
JrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Givin' the dog a bone

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
View 6 Brzina's Photo Gallery
Is it possible to program the doors to lock when the key is on and unlock when its off? I have this option on my 96 camry and I'd like it on my 05 tacoma.
6 Brzina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
New TN User

View fredlyzone's Photo Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy
The vehicle should meet the following conditions before proceeding; *The key is NOT in the ignition *Driverís door is OPEN (The others are CLOSED) *Drivers door UNLOCKED (Not necessary for Echo) 1) INSERT and REMOVE the key from the ignition cylinder, TWICE within 5 seconds 2) CLOSE and OPEN the driverís door TWICE within 40 seconds 3) INSERT and REMOVE the key into the ignition cylinder 4) CLOSE and OPEN the driverís door TWICE within 40 seconds 5) INSERT the key in the ignition and CLOSE the driverís door 6) Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approx. 1 sec. Intervals ď 2Ē times to enter REWRITE MODE 7) REMOVE the key from the ignition (The door locks are cycled LOCK-UNLOCK within 3 seconds TWICE to let you know that you have selected REWRITE MODE) 8) Within 40 seconds press BOTH the LOCK & UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second (Press and release). 9) Within 3 seconds press and release the LOCK button on the same transmitter (The door locks will cycle ONCE if the transmitter was recognized and TWICE if it was not recognized {if you get two cycles start over}). 10) Within 40 seconds repeat step 8 and 9 with any other transmitters you wish to program 11) One of the following will END the Rewrite mode; *40 seconds elapses *Drivers door is opened *Key inserted into the ignition cylinder *4 transmitters are registered
Dude,

You are the man!!!

Thanks a lot for the instructions. They work like a charm.

Fred
fredlyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
New TN User

View RagerXS's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTaco05
Hello,

What is the end of the procedure in order to set your entry system to unlock all the doors on a DC 05 tacoma with just a single push of the unlock button.
Thanks
This is exactly what I've been trying to find out. You can get the instructions for the prior model Tacoma in a writeup on CustomTacos, possibly elsewhere. But nobody has the instructions yet posted for the 2005+...

~ Fred
RagerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View PDXJoe's Photo Gallery
I have the VIP3200 Toyota Alarm, and there is no honk when I arm/disarm. LIke the keyless entry, I get the flashing blinkers only.

2006 Tacoma 4x4 DoubleCab
SR5 package, JBL auto-dimming rear mirror, LSD, Pop 'n Lock tailgate lock, Lund screen grille, Undercover tonneau, USASpec, Westin tube steps
PDXJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)