Automatic shift lock mechanism - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)

2nd Generation (2005+) Discussion area for the 2nd generation of the Toyota Tacoma

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View duke boy's Photo Gallery
Automatic shift lock mechanism

I find it annoying that you can't shift the truck into neutral without the engine started. Is there a way to correct this. I think it's good to have to unlock the ignition switch to unlock the shift, but not start the truck. Anyone know how to correct this? I have an '05 Tundra, but assume it's the same on Tacos
duke boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Go Gators!

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Master Chief's Photo Gallery
On my Titan there was a release on the steering colum where my shifter was located. I actually had to use it the first day I had my truck. My battery must not have been fully charged and I was playing with all the gadgets and ran the battery down. My car was parked in the garage all the wall against the front wall so when I needed to jump start, I could not open the hood. I had to look in my manual and find the manual release and put it into reverse to back it out enough to open the hood. I just popped off a cap and put a mini screwdriver in to release it. I am sure Toyota must have something similar. Check your manual under transmission. I will look in my manual after I get off work.
2005 Tacoma Dbl Cab 2WD, V6/AT, Speedway Blue, Build Date 6/05, TRD Sport Pkg./Tow, JBL Stereo, Chrome Tube Steps, OEM Hood Protector, Ashtray(coin holder), Sill Guards, Bedmat, Locking Gas Cap(10509), Fold-A-Cover Tonneau, Electric Tailgate Lock.
Master Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Nate

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
View AdrenaliNate's Photo Gallery
Check out page 321 in your Onwer's Manual. I think if you can rig something to permanently depress the shift lock override button then you'd be able to shift into neutral.

Cardomain

AdrenaliNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tacoma Forum > 2nd Generation (2005+)