What do you think of the V? - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Prius Forum The original hybrid from Toyota... the Prius! Discussion area for everything about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Here is my 2 cents worth. I picked up my Touring package V (Canada) on Friday, takes a bit of getting used to after having ES350 Lexus. I like it's easy to get in and out, that is a big plus. Great visibility through out all windows, the bigger wheels give a bit of a rougher ride, and the tires are noisy the test car had Michelin's and rode better then Toyo's. GPS screen is kind of crappy, the radio tuning is hard to use, and requires to much time with eyes off the road, Nav seems a bit off showing where you are. I like the leg room, and big storage area.. Priced a bit high for a car without leather, and power seats etc, Lexus has a much better Nav system and LCD display.
Gas mileage is great, center console is good, and lots of information available.
To sum up there are lots of good thing about the V and something that still need work, like that center console what the heck is that about, cloth and rattles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 AM
New TN User

2012 Prius V

As a 2010 Prius III owner, I just test-drove a 2012 Prius V wagon & came out fully impressed & regret not waiting for this wagon model.
#18 Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
New TN User

Love the V

I am a musician and I need extra space to haul my gear, as well as my fat ass. I test drove the V and the hatchback with my string bass. The V wins hands down. It is a lot more car for only a little more money.

As to the car being feminine, I don't see that at all. Typically "macho" cars like the Hummer and giant pickup trucks are horrible ugly gas hogs and uncomfortable to ride in.
#19 Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM
My first Prius :)

You could also think of it as a soccer dad vehicle Nothing wrong with buying what you want or driving what you want. All that matters is that you are satisfied with what you have. Prius is awesome no matter what version a person owns.

Mike

2012 Prius Four Solar Plus Performance
#20 Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
New TN User

Prius V Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynecarsen View Post
Here is my 2 cents worth. I picked up my Touring package V (Canada) on Friday, takes a bit of getting used to after having ES350 Lexus. I like it's easy to get in and out, that is a big plus. Great visibility through out all windows, the bigger wheels give a bit of a rougher ride, and the tires are noisy the test car had Michelin's and rode better then Toyo's. GPS screen is kind of crappy, the radio tuning is hard to use, and requires to much time with eyes off the road, Nav seems a bit off showing where you are. I like the leg room, and big storage area.. Priced a bit high for a car without leather, and power seats etc, Lexus has a much better Nav system and LCD display.
Gas mileage is great, center console is good, and lots of information available.
To sum up there are lots of good thing about the V and something that still need work, like that center console what the heck is that about, cloth and rattles?
OK now at almost a month, new perceptions. Great gas mileage 5.7 city, very consistent (50mpg imperial) (40mpg US) that's great, should get better. Comfortable, seats are a bit hot, do not breath well.
GPS works pretty good and voice is slow but works better than some Toyotas. Love the space, we can carry 4 adults OK.
Bluetooth works great and Voice recognition is quite good.
Getting some great comments of the car, love the storage space, like the panorama roof, 2 glove boxes, car is a bit noisy when going fast, engine noise, but it's a small engine. Overall we like the car and would recommend it to anyone. They could use some improvement in lighting the back storage area, one very weak lite on the side, and some spill over from the passenger light for the back seats.
#21 Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
CEO, Dad's Taxi Service

When we were testing vehicles about a month ago, I came down to the Prius V, and the Rav4. I REALLY liked the Prius, but it came down to a few differences that finally made me decide to buy the Rav. However, I never considered that it would be considered as a "woman's car." Then again, I wouldn't really care what someone else thought. It is a car that gets great gas mileage, has a ton of room, comes in a great shade of blue, and my 6'3" son fit in the rear seat with room to spare. Two of my sons really was hoping I would buy the Prius, but it just didn't turn out that way. One of the big deciding factors, however, was that I needed a 2" hitch adapter on the back. The Prius was not going to handle that.

There are times, when I see one now, that I still wish I would have bought one. Perhaps when the lease is up on my Rav, we'll see where Toyota has brought the Prius line at that point. Also, perhaps we will not have the need for the hitch at the time.

Bob
'12 Rav4 Base 4WD (The boys')
'14 Honda Pilot EX-L (My wife's)
'12 Camry XLE (My DD)
#22 Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 PM
New TN User

I had a 10 Prius II that I put 32,000 miles on. Traded it 6 months ago for a Prius C and put over 7,000 miles on it. My wife had a full size car and I had the C. We decided that we didn't need two cars as my standby vehicle is a truck so we traded both in on a V.

That was just last week and I have driven it over 300 miles. It is yielding in the low to mid 50's mpg. I have always gotten well over what the EPA estimates are on the other Prius models also.

It is very quiet on the roads, handles and tracks well in strong winds which the Prius II and the C did not. Very nice interior with more features than the Prius II.

We traveled both in the II and the C. There is no question that the V will be a better traveling car.

My plan is to drive it for about 30,000 miles and trade on a new V. I will repeat that until I'm 6' under.
#23 Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thought I was over this "woman's car" stuff as I read the same comments on my Porsche Boxster. Funny, the ladies that commented to me in person were all admiring.

Owned 40+ cars, I'm past worrying what others think. I bought one after looking online at alternatives. V as I use it to take trash to the dump, golfers with their bags to local courses and 4 coolers 40 miles to Costco. I'll be happy if I get 35 average MPG and look forward to it training me to try to get better.

I did add leatherette to a Three as a dealer installed option.

WeatherTech mats were cheaper from the dealer than online (once I asked for the new owner discount).

What I'd like to see is the common availability of the LED headlights, the driver-centered gauges (rather than the center placement) and blind spot sensors. The gauges almost nixed the sale.

If it is half as trouble free as my wife's one year old Avalon, I'll be pleased. Half of zero defects is still zero.
#24 Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Diehard Rams Fan

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Thanked 1,051 Times in 939 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh4x4 View Post
I had a 10 Prius II that I put 32,000 miles on. Traded it 6 months ago for a Prius C and put over 7,000 miles on it. My wife had a full size car and I had the C. We decided that we didn't need two cars as my standby vehicle is a truck so we traded both in on a V.

That was just last week and I have driven it over 300 miles. It is yielding in the low to mid 50's mpg. I have always gotten well over what the EPA estimates are on the other Prius models also.

It is very quiet on the roads, handles and tracks well in strong winds which the Prius II and the C did not. Very nice interior with more features than the Prius II.

We traveled both in the II and the C. There is no question that the V will be a better traveling car.

My plan is to drive it for about 30,000 miles and trade on a new V. I will repeat that until I'm 6' under.
This is an expensive way to buy cars by trading them in so soon with so few miles! OUCH!!!!!

89 Supercharged White MR2 MT/09 Corolla S CSM MT/08 Yaris HB MT
94 Corolla DX Red MT/95 Previa S/C White AT/
07 Corolla CE CSM MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

#25 Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
New TN User

I just bought a 2013 Prius v Model 5. I really like it. I'm a combat vet (like many in this forum) I don't look at it like a women's car but then i'm not homophobic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jnitngle For This Useful Post:
WE0H (02-26-2013)
#26 Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 AM
New TN User

Strange, my wife prefers her smaller 06 and 10 regular Prius. She thinks the V is just too big.

Good, keeps her from wanting to drive my 12 P-V!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Prius Forum