Zero Point Calibration Instructions - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Toyota Highlander Hybrid The first hybrid SUV from Toyota. The Highlander hybrid!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Zero Point Calibration Instructions

I'm looking for the procedure to perform a Yaw-Rate, Acceleration, and Steering Angle Sensor calibration on a 1st Gen (2006) Highlander Hybrid via jumpers (SST Check Wire) on the DLC3 port.

This was asked in the Prius forum and I didn't see an answer, but on the chance that they are different for the Highlander anyway, am posting the question here.

Situtation Recap:

Work done: Replaced both CV axles, wheel bearings, tie rods, ball-joints, resurfaced rotors, and replaced brake pads. I also drained and re-filled transaxle with Toyota ATF-WS and changed the engine oil/filter.

Problem: No error codes and no CEL - only error is when driving forward around 10mph the VSC skid/slide light comes on and the vehicle loses power. After slowing down, the light goes off and stays off. Inspection Mode says to Check the VSC, VSC Diagnostic passes and there are no stored VSC Error codes.

I double-checked the wheel sensors – no dead shorts and about the same resistance readings. Used a mirror and light and spun the wheels to check the speed rings through the sensor hole – look fine with no breaks. Also visually checked again to make sure no vacuum lines or connectors were accidentally knocked loose – couldn’t find anything out of place.

I think, based on what I have read online, that I need to do a zero point calibration of the yaw sensor, etc., but I can’t find the manual (when you don’t have a Techstream Scantool) way of doing that on a hybrid – have found several references and even .pdfs for doing it on non-hybrids, but have also read that the procedure might be different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Update: It was a bad abs speed sensor - seems there was an intermittent short - replaced that, but still couldn't get the accel/decel sensor to calibrate - found out after a 2nd trip to have the dealer scan it that there was some kind of loose connection and, after rechecking the connections and re-installing the sensor, everything was ok.

Btw, the VSC initialization codes and procedures are the same for 2006 hybrids as for 2006 gas highlanders. In fact, there is a PDF of a Toyota publication (2007 TSSN - Spring Toyota Service News) that I found via a Google search that explains the whole procedure, including how to do all the tests and zero calibration w/o the Techstream scanner. If you are so inclined, you can subscribe to TIS for $55/2 days and use the software with your laptop and a J2534 cable hooked to your laptop (cables can be had from overseas for less than $100).

John
#3 Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 PM
New TN User

Do you still have this information? I can't locate it anywhere.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Toyota Highlander Hybrid