Toyota Nation Forum banner

1996 Camry Collectors Edition V6

20K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  JShake 
#1 · (Edited)
I Thought that I would put this up and see what kind of offers I got. I have had this car for about 11 months now and I have not had any issues with it. I am in no Hurry to sell but if I get something good or enough cash offered I think I will send it down the road. I thought someone on this forum may really like the car so I thought I would put it on here. Feel free to email me with anything you have (questions, comments, offers) at

Car is located in NORTHEAST Indiana

The car:

1996 Toyota Camry LE Collectors Edition V6

VIN Starts with a J which means this is a more rare Camry Made In Japan

19x,xxx Miles
Leather Seats
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Power Drivers Seat
Power Moonroof
AM/FM CD Cass. stereo
Keyless Entry
Factory Woodgrain
Stock OZ rims with very good tires (I am guessing 75%+ Tread Left)

Bad:
Moonroof is cracked... Has never leaded a drop in hard rain, car wash or anything like that.
Rip in the drivers side leather (see pic) the rest is perfect.
Small rust spot on drivers side rear door. (see pic)
Small scratches and dings as you would expect with a car of this age and mileage.
AC Needs Fixed
Needs O2 Sensor

Over all this is a clean car and the new owner will be very happy with it. I would drive it anywhere with no reservations.

On to the Pics

PRICE: $2000 OBO

I am moving on so I am ready to be done with this!

If you have any questions email me at:
premiersalesmen@gmail.com Or pm me.

See less See more
#8 ·
Doesn't appear to be any major body problems. Possible paint discoloration due to sun/heat (note that it is probably kept outside-- due to cracking driver's seat). Also, he was kind enough to show the spot of rust @ rear-driver's side door.

Did you know who the previous owners were? At 174K mi., it might be important to know and repairs they did to the car.

#9 ·
To answer your questions:
There appear to be no Major probles. the car runs like a top.
The Car has no paint fade issues or anything like that other than what you would expect for a car of this age (chips and what not)
I bought this car form my best friend who has his dealers license. It does have newer tires and someone some time has put some newer KYB shocks on it. Other than that it starts right up and idles even. as you can see everything under the hood is clean and works as well as it looks.
Hope that helps people as they look at the thread

#13 ·
I have this exact same car: 1996 Toyota Camry Collectors Edition (with the gold letters/trim). The only major difference between your car and mine is the mileage. Ive racked up over 270,000 miles on my Camry, and still doing well (even on factory suspension). But let me see if I can recall some of the issues I had between 150,000miles and 200,000miles. Seeing how yours has 176,000 miles, I wouldnt be surprized if the CV-Joints and or Boots are starting to wear thin or cracked. Winshield, hood, and other rock/pebble prone areas are in need of some touching-up or replacement. Rear antena is probably fixed in either the up/down position due to the tube-in-tube / motor design. Air conditioning is probably weak, leaking, or non-existant, and I wouldnt be surprized if the factory spoked wheels are nicely chipped up. But I'd be willing to guess if somebody threw $1,000 into this car it would easily last another 100,000miles. Im banking on mine hitting 300k by Winter 2009. Good luck selling the best car ever built!

#23 ·
$1,600 is a steal

If I didn't already have the EXACT same car, I probably would buy yours for that price. Mine is currently over 265,000miles and has a spoiler *and has been in rear end accident* and I think mine is in worse shape than yours and I've had offeres for $1,500 (from friends and neighbors).

Im amazed your car hasnt sold yet.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.