Toyota Nation Forum banner

2005 Tundra timing belt

30K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The BIG Goon 
#1 ·
I've looked through the "serches" but can't find an answer.

Does a 2005 Tundra have an internal timing belt?

Thanks

Dakrri

#3 ·
Thanks DMZ

I have 92000 on it now, I'll take my chances up to 100,000 and then change it.

I did one in my 4 Runner years back at 110,000 and I ask the mechanic to keep the used belt because I wanted to see it. We both agreed that it could have gone to 150000.

Dakrri

#4 ·
I just bought a 2000 tundra about a month ago,and I replaced the timing belt in it. I had 184k on the truck,and have every reason to believe that was the original belt. I AM NOT saying wait that long because these 4.7 engines are INTERFERANCE fit engines.. I am saying that they are made well and who knows how long they will last?? I would NOT take a chance on it tho.. Good luck!!!!

#5 ·
Hey there I just changed my timing belt at 240 km I owned the truck since new. And didn't want to chance a break down in the bush this winter. When they changed mine the truck started to shift really hard. Make sure to take it for a drive on the highway and check the labor time before you pay the bill

Sent from my HTC Vision using AutoGuide App

#6 ·
Timing Belt

Original owner 2002 Tundra, changed timing belt, drive belt and water pump last year after 162K miles. Watch for the mail outs to original owners offering 20% off on parts and labor. I used one I got at the dealer and saved $200. It cost me $642, parts, labor, oil change, and new antifreeze. I like doing this at a Dealer in case there are any problems, like I noticed the radiator overflow was empty about a week later so I went back and they checked for a leak and filled it up for me. It just had some air in it.

#10 ·
just chiming in

Hi fellas, just reading some of the posts, i have the 2001 tundra, i bought truck when there was 77800 miles on it, i just turned 202000. havent done anything to it, just the oil changes every 3-4000 miles, doing timing belt this friday, i know im playing with fire. Tire shop said i have seepage at weep hole on water pump.

weep hole??

I am the Goon

mechanic shop i get work at said, 1030.00 for the whole thing, water pump , flush, new components.

love the tundra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.