Toyota Nation Forum banner

Bad Fuel injector cause knock?

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  reitzr2 
#1 ·
Looking for some help. I've got a 2000 Tundra 3.4L. Its got approx. 130,000 on it. I was driving to work a couple of weeks ago and the check engine light came on and it started missfiring. I drove it like it was for approx. 5 miles, and by the time I got to work the engine was knocking. I hooked up a scanner and it read a misfire in cylinder #3. I changed all the plugs, wires, and coil packs. Check engine cleared but I still have a knocking sound. Dumped some B-12 fuel cleaner in and drove it home from work (approx. 50 miles). By the time I got home the noise was gone except for a slight tick that remained. Drove it around the next day check engine light came on, misfire in #3 again, and the knocking sound is back. Can a bad injector be causing this? I plan on doing a compression check once my, compression tester gets here. Any information would help. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.