2005 Tundra Pink Coolant/Anti Freeze? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
1st Generation (20002006) Looking for dedicated discussion for the 1st Generation of the Toyota Tundra? This forum is the place for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA 2005 Tundra Pink Coolant/Anti Freeze?

I've got a 2005 Tundra Crewcab V-8 with 109k and the coolant level in the reservoir bottle is low. When I bought this truck the dealership said that the pink coolant was special and only available at a Toyota dealership. Is this true or can this coolant be had elsewhere, auto parts stores? What's so special about the pink fluid? I've never changed or flushed my fluid. It's still clear, no debris or residue in the reservoir bottle, the fluid level is just low and needs to be topped off. Advice or recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 AM
New TN User

If it is a little low why not just add some distilled water?
#3 Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
New TN User

I was at a friends house and he had a yellow jug of anti freeze. It said it was compatible with any color/make/dealer anti freeze. It was clear.
#4 Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
New TN User

pink coolant

the pink coolant i was told has different PH/acidity leveles wich are more friendly too aluminum parts.and pink coolant tends too crust up rather then leak all over the place.i would not mix.hope this helps.
#5 Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 AM
New TN User

add water it will be fine, pink coolant pre-mixed
#6 Old 07-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Official TN Member

Agree with others you can top off with distilled water. Don't use tap water. The Super Long Life pink is a phosphated hybrid organic acid chemistry (PHOAT). This chemistry is not compatible with hard water. There are a couple of other coolant makes that are similar. Zerex Asian is compatible. Beck Arnley has a coolant that is compatible. Pentofrost A-1 is another. I agree with others, I would not mix.
#7 Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 AM
New TN User

The pink coolant should be changed every 5 years ar 100k miles and is a 50/50 mix and says right on the container "DO NOT ADD WATER". With that being said it would probably be fine if you add some water, but if you fill just the over flow with water, it will freeze. And the amount of coolant in the over flow will go up and down as coolant heats up and cools down. But if it is on the low side all the time check for a leak, if your water pump has never been replaced check it, it is probably starting to leak/getting crusty. When there is a small leak in a vehicle with super long life coolant (pink) it will crust up before it starts to drip.
#8 Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
New TN User

The pink coolant can be found at any good parts store..But you said that it has never been changed at 109K..If that is the case you need to flush and refill..I like to take mine to the dealership to get this done as I know they have the equipment to flush it properly..Some repair shops will just drain and run clean water through and refill..you need to get it flushed as you can not see inside if there is corrosion or build up..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Tundra Forum > 1st Generation (20002006)