Toyota Nation Forum banner

Looking for advice: 4Runner or Sequoia

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  traverse 
#1 ·
Hi folks...I'm thinking about getting a Toyota for the first time. :smile:

I'm a one car household and have been driving an import, high mpg sedan. However, took up a new recreation and need more ground clearance and room to haul around stuff. Nice comfort, fit and finish wouldn't hurt, either. I'm researching buying a used 4Runner or Sequoia. Frame of reference, I have a brother who's addicted to 4Runners, currentlly owning four, buys them for all his kids and wife.

There are many more 4Runners available in the used market, but if you compare features, etc, it seems you get more for your dollar with a Sequoia. And, the Sequoia is obviously quite a handful. I did notice, being taller, when driving a 4Runner, I sit a little high, with the roof/top edge of windshield seemingly lower. I have yet to test drive a Sequoia, but I am guessing I would not have that problem.

Any insight would be very much appreciated...

#3 ·
Thanks for asking. I'm still trying to decide that one. I don't think I want to go smaller than the 4Runner. A good deal n the larger Sequoia might be icing on the cake. I see on the internet search sites, there are very few later model Sequoias available, mostly early 2000's going up to 2008. I think people like to keep them a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.