Toyota Nation Forum banner

Timing Belt Cost

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  hossmaster 
#1 ·
I just bought a 01 PreRunner Dbl Cab, Excellent one owner truck with 109k miles. The First owner did not replace the Timing belt at 90k, so I was thinking it needs to be done. Do you guys have any idea what parts and labor will run?

Thanks for any insight.

#2 ·
You're probably looking at $400-$500 for a dealer to replace all of the drive belts including the timing belt. Add about $150 to do the water pump at the same time, which is probably advisable.

#4 ·
Check your local Toyo dealer for specials. Local dealer here is always running specials (coupons) for different types of service. Recently, timing belt replacement, with coupon, was $169.95 (4-cylinder) and $209.95 (6-cylinder). To replace any other belts with the timing belt, should not include any additional labor charge (just parts--belts) since the other belts have to removed anyway when the timing belt is changed.

#5 ·
kemo sabe said:
Check your local Toyo dealer for specials. Local dealer here is always running specials (coupons) for different types of service. Recently, timing belt replacement, with coupon, was $169.95 (4-cylinder) and $209.95 (6-cylinder). To replace any other belts with the timing belt, should not include any additional labor charge (just parts--belts) since the other belts have to removed anyway when the timing belt is changed.

Absolutely Ill never forget,instead of rebuilding that piece of shit sand dune country with US taxdollars I would rather vaporize it, and feed all those other US hating countries rat poison instead of Twinkies. Nice post Kemo Sabe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.