Toyota Nation Forum banner

1999 Tacoma

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tomtom25 
#1 ·
I just bought this pickup from my friend, it has 214k on it and runs like a new truck. I actually bought it at 204k but just stumbled on this site. The truck has some rust on the hood but overall its in good shape. There are so,me tears inside on the armrest (which I cant find a replacement for) and the accelerator cable is shot I think. When I give it gas the pedal feels stuck until I kick it a little bit. I went to the local places here, pep boys, advanced auto etc and they dont have this part in the system. For $300 I got this at a steal, its a 2.7l 4cyl with 2wd. Extended cab, automatic, power everything. Its the Prerunner edition but says SR5 on the side behind the driver/passenger window. Anyone have any info on the throttle cable?

#2 ·
I just bought this pickup from my friend, it has 214k on it and runs like a new truck. I actually bought it at 204k but just stumbled on this site. The truck has some rust on the hood but overall its in good shape. There are so,me tears inside on the armrest (which I cant find a replacement for) and the accelerator cable is shot I think. When I give it gas the pedal feels stuck until I kick it a little bit. I went to the local places here, pep boys, advanced auto etc and they dont have this part in the system. For $300 I got this at a steal, its a 2.7l 4cyl with 2wd. Extended cab, automatic, power everything. Its the Prerunner edition but says SR5 on the side behind the driver/passenger window. Anyone have any info on the throttle cable?
Rust is going to be your enemy with this truck...even if you're not in the rust belt...your throttle cable could be rusted too and binding up...

#5 ·
I have a 95 Tacoma and the throdle cable was sticky like you mention but one day it freyed and got stuck wide open heres a word of advise get a new throdle cable from the dealer there not priced that bad.. UNTILL THEN BE READY TO TURN THE KEY OFF IN A THRODLE STUCK OPEN SITUATION!!! Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.