The Story of a Broken Hakosuka - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-22-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Offical TN Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
The Story of a Broken Hakosuka

Yes, I know, this is a TOYOTA forum. But anyone who has had a car accident, and had to repair their car can relate to this Skyline.

First of all, look at this beautiful drifting Hakosuka. Recently, during its performance at the event, it got caught in the guard rail and got severely damaged.

If it was dented, it could just be repaired by hitting it from the inside, but we had no idea how to fix this because it was not cleanly damaged. Although the owner kept saying that he was embarrassed, it was good that he was not hurt. Even though it was such an embarrassing photo (according to the owner), I still got permission to post the photo because I thought that I could occasionally report updates about how this Hakosuka is being restored.

This is how it looked until it could be repaired, with tape sticking parts together. Pickup trucks have this sort of opening, donít they? With its condition (as it goes bouncing along), it seems that the rear half of the car may suddenly fall off.

Because it would be troublesome if rain were to enter, the owner decided to repair the car as soon as possible and got the car moving. This is how the car looked after being cut cleanly. Because the area around the distortion was severely damaged, the damage was much worse than it looked.

After removing the semi-works, the fender was struck many times. Even though itís amazing that there was this much progress in only one day, itís a surprise that the owner, who doesnít work in a car-related job, was able to do this all by himself. Fast, well-doneÖthough probably not cheap.

In any case, it will be a while before the end. Mr. Yufune, GOOD LUCK!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Supporting Vendors > Croooober