Toyota Nation Forum banner

Maxima problems..Won't start...Starter?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TheMajesticking 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Havent' heard from me in a while. Well I still have transmission problems with my Maxima. However, now it won't start for whatever reason. I never should have sold the camry. Here's the story.

Friday I drove my car home and sat in the car for about 4 or 5 minutes blasting the new subs and amp that I just got. Then I went in the house for a couple of hours and came back out and the car wouldn't start. It turned over fine but wouldn't actually start. I would get a constant "ke ke ke ke ke ke" like it wanted to start but it didn't. First thing that popped up in my mind was the alternator(becuase of the system). Well I ruled that out because I sprayed some starter fluid in the intake and the car started but then cut off after a second or two. Then I automatically thought that it was the fuel system. So today me and my friend went to buy a fuel pump. We replaced the fuel pump without thinking twice and the car is still doing the same thing. I sprayed some more starter fluid in it and it started for about 2 seconds and then cut off. When I went to start it up again, instead of the usual "ke ke ke ke" it just said "keeeeeeee". Not good. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Definitely sounds like a filter... maybe I'm off-base on this, but are your injectors are still coming on when the key is in the "on" position? Maybe the EFI fuse?

I think we oughta start a club for "TNers who regret selling their gen3's..." you, me and that dude from Belize (dna59?) could be the founding members :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.