Toyota Nation Forum banner

WRX traded in for Scion xB

9K views 118 replies 11 participants last post by  Jegan_V 
#1 ·

I can relate. It wasn't too long ago that I sold my Lancer EVO and replaced it with a 4Runner.

My 4Runner is actually more comfy and gets better gas mileage than my EVO. I really wanted a station wagon with off road capability and the ability to tow (BOF). The 4Runner is really the closest thing to fit that bill.

#2 ·
Having driven them plenty (and being sole maintainer currently of a 2010 model) I can relate. They really are great cars, and part of me is surprised they really didn't take off (even with the whole no updated for 7 years and being a Scion vs. Toyota). I would own one in an instant.

Reactions: zythr
#3 ·
Obviously, the WRX didn't suit her lifestyle, and cost more to run. As for why it didn't take off, the Kia Soul was more appealing to those looking for a boxy car. The owner here got the updated xb 2.2, but the thing with this as well as the Soul is that the mileage isn't all that great (Same 2AZ as my XRS, and I'm not too pleased with my MPG either). The MPG on the xB 1 was better even if underpowered.

At least its a stick, so we'll give her that.

#23 ·
uh oh 5olara

You opened a can of worms! Zythr is attracted to Scion like flies to poop. He's gonna leg hump you. Probably wants you to adopt him too. Just be careful lol.

I agree with some of the sediments. I like the first gen xb and they should have done improvements but oh well. There's a bigger problem at Scion than just the xB. its cause Toyota not getting their head out of their ass and doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results. Also it doesn't really take the brand seriously or care. Just someone's pet project that they left on the counter and letting it rot. Hence the staid forgettable product and longer than usual life cycles.

BUT WAIT FOLKS! Scion is coming out with a sedan!!! OMG!!! A new world order! Hang on!!!!

#62 ·
The thing with the Juke is that it is sells well for a niche vehicle, and obviously better than the xB. I personally am not a fan of its styling either, but it is quirky enough that more people buy it over the xB (obviously old now). It does have a decent powertrain (Turbo, but paired with a CVT and stick available).

Honestly, the CUV segment is still hot. The next xB should be more of a CUV than a car.

#115 ·
The new 3rd gen Escape doesn't sell very well, we send a lot of these to auctions. As for the Frontier, Toyota doesn't discount the Tacoma at all so we don't buy them and thus have none available for rent or to sell. It leaves the Frontier as the only other compact truck and its easy to sell it cheap hence why it sells very well as a used vehicle. The Titan in contrast is awful for us to sell as the base Titan lacks a lot of things like adjustable mirrors but likely a forced buy for us to get more valuable Nissans.

That said this is mostly selling to dealers in the Toronto market. Only recently some dealers have been taking advantage of the cheap Canadian dollar and sending particularly medium to heavy duty trucks from our lots over to the US.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.