best study on Oil Additives- - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion of basically anything automotive-related.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View sloppybeak's Photo Gallery
best study on Oil Additives-

Best study on OIL-Additives- a must read! When I first got my Yota over 7 years ago with 43,000 orginal miles, first thing I ran out an dood was to buy a 300.00 engine PTFE oil treatment called "MICROLON". well, Older, and wiser now, I have done a lot of research, and heres the actual case story of Oil additives. Let the buyer beware. http://heartlandsynthetics.com/oil_t...reatments.html
1989 2wd 22R 170,000 mi.,Mallory Hyfire Igntion/coil,Magnacore wires,K/N filter,Silver-E Steer stablizr, Rear Swaybar,Edelbrock shocks,Cooper 205-70-14's/14X6 Steelies, LC Eng dbl. row time chain w/ cast iron oilpump, Porterfield R4S Discs/Carbon Kevlar drums, Ice Cold AC, Sony/Linear Pwr sound
sloppybeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Stevie_Ray's Photo Gallery
I just use Valvoline and change it every 3000 miles. Even my older rigs. I used to use Pennzoil, but a mechanic friend told me that he tore apart Pennzoil engines and Valvolive engines, and the Pennzoil engine was usually more gunked up. I think Pennzoil uses a wax, that's why. I used Pennzoil because of A. J. Foyt. For you young bucks, he raced Indy cars in the 70's and 80's.
Stevie_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View thousand_five's Photo Gallery
I use additives to clean injectors and such......... It does get rid of hesitation during accelaration.
thousand_five is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > General Discussion