Toyota Nation Forum banner

2018 Honda Accord Sedan

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hardtopte72 
#1 ·
http://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-2018-honda-accord-sedan-92317.html
Honda has begun development of its next-generation Accord mid-size sedan. The all-new Accord should be ready for the 2018 model year.

In an effort to shave development costs, Honda will move the next-generation Accord to a platform shared with the Civic compact. The 2018 Accord might actually shrink compared to the current car, but the mid-size will still hold a size advantage over its Civic platform mate.

The prototype spotted today is still clad in heavy camouflage, but the 2018 Accord is expected to borrow most of its styling cues from the latest Civic. Most notable among those Civic influences will be a fastback-like rear end treatment.

Under hood the 2018 Accord will likely use a version of Honda's 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine. An optional V6 has been a staple of the Accord lineup for years, but Honda could ax the six-cylinder option in the name of economy. A hybrid variant will continue to be on offer.

A sleeker Accord coupe model is assumed, but nothing is set in stone at this time.

Look for the 2018 Honda Accord sedan to make its debut toward the end of 2017.

See less See more
#2 ·
Expect a larger size Civic. This is crucial as CUVs are the rule of the day and sedans aren't as selling as good. Sure still a big part of the market but I don't see the CUV market slowing down. Especially if they offer more utility, and comparable mpg.

If only they rebadged the Accord as a Scion might have saved the brand...oh wait wrong thread>:D

#4 ·
^^^Conservative doesn't cut it as much as it did. Competition is A LOT better. So minor changes or what have you, have no place. Sure there are people who like conservative but when the rest of the competition has flavor its hard not to ignore. Design becomes more important if there isn't much distinctions between you and the competition.

#5 ·
I like what the Camry looks like in "rendered" threads, but it doesn't mean much until we see it. We all thought Honda's new Civic was pretty ugh but they're laughing to the bank...it pulled ahead of the Corolla in sales given the decline of all cars sales. Buyers don't care as much if the car has a CVT, and that it has swoopy styling and CarPlay and other gadgets.

#7 ·
I just hope it looks better than the Accord's 2016 refresh which, to my eyes anyway, is a step down in looks from the 2013-15 model.

The wheels on the 2016 Accord look worse than the pre-refresh Accord's, too, especially on lower trim levels.

Reactions: hardtopte72
#8 ·
I agree. They went from a car that just looked "premium" to a car that looks cheap. The fan blade alloy wheels are hideous and I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to put them as standard on some of the lower trims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.