Toyota Nation Forum banner

Nissan Leaf, please plz help me win this electric car!

879 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Jackson's ill 
#1 ·
Nissan has their new electric car coming out and they have this event called the Drive Electric Tour. Has anybody gone to one of these?
There are a total of 23 events where consumers can test drive the Leaf and learn a lot about it.
You first sign in and get a yellow wrist band and then when your group is up you can start the tour thru a few enclosed structure where a tour guide shows you some of the technology of the car.

After these exhibits you can go on a test drive, and after that there is at least 1 car opened up so that you can mess with the controls and computer all you want (and look under the hood all you want as well!).

The car is a lot of fun to drive! Tons of torque at low speeds. I didn't have a chance to go on the highway with it.

What many people don't know is that you also can have the chance to win a Leaf. You make a 30 second movie on why you deserve to get the leaf and then Nissan posts this on their website. The person who recorded their video has to get others to vote on their video, and the person with the most number of votes wins an electric car!

Here is the link to the events thru December, I think you have to register and log in to see all the events, which go thru the end of March.
nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/events/index#/leaf-electric-car/events/index

Also, could you look at my video and plz plz vote if you want to? I really want a go at winning this
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=248ZRV8WHPN9
Tell your friends if you really like my video and would like me to win ;)

It is kind of a crummy video, it was on the spot and doesn't truly show what my projects would be for the car.

For instance, I would (try to) add cameras in the blindspots and connect them to the computer that refreshes the computer screen in the center of the dashboard, customized alarm system, train horns (under the hood so no additional air drag), gain 'root' access to the computer, ecetera!

With gaining 'root' access to the computer, mods and tweaks might be able to be made to the drivetrain, such as a larger battery pack and changing motor behavior. Very cool stuff for an engineering student like myself.

Cheers! And thank you for reading

Oh and I made some videos while at the event of the car's controls, which include showing how much energy the heater takes, headlights, how quiet the windshield wipers are, ecetera.
youtube.com/danwat1234 --> click on "Date Added" to see the Nissan vids listed.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.