2014 Corvette Revealed - Page 7 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
General Discussion General discussion of basically anything automotive-related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#91 Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned as a troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
So, overall traffic fatalities are down and the number of overall accidents has not changed in any significant amount over the past 23 years. We know this because there is actual data that shows it. But it doesn't matter, drivers today are worse because Vmax says so. lol Whatever.
So, please tell us why many states are passing laws banning the use of cell phones while driving since they obviously have not caused any additional accidents.

Duh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned as a troll

Quote:
Agreed. I've never been a big proponent of the notion that a car model must look the same year after year after year out of some sense of tradition. It's just a car. If it looks good, it looks good. This car looks good.

If the purists are really so worried about keeping the car static then lets demand that Chevy go pack to putting the 150 hp Blue Flame inline 6 motor in the Corvette. While we're at it lets go back to that 1950's era suspension. Maybe an AM radio too. No that would obviously be completely unacceptable. But oh God, get rid of the round tail lamps and it's the end of the world. lol
I could not care less what shape the tail lights are. I have no issue with them not being round. I do have an issue with them looking like an ugly Camaro.
#93 Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Save The Manuals

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007 View Post
I could not care less what shape the tail lights are. I have no issue with them not being round. I do have an issue with them looking like an ugly Camaro.
This.

It doesn't look good on the Camaro, doesn't look good on the Malibu, and it certainly doesn't look any better on the Corvette

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - 6MT
"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling" - Jeremy Clarkson on the Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ
#94 Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Banned as a troll

Quote:
Follow the logic here. Driver's today are supposedly worse because they are distracted by cell phones and other gadgets. This makes them worse drivers right? Only the number of overall accidents has not gone up at all. Wouldn't that actually make them better drivers? I mean if they are so distracted by their cell phone but there is no significant or measurable increase in car accidents, those distracted drivers must actually be pretty good at multi-tasking. lol Food for thought.
You know what is even more scary than a distracted driver? The fact that you actually believe that crap!

Wow.
#95 Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Need For Speed

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
So, overall traffic fatalities are down and the number of overall accidents has not changed in any significant amount over the past 23 years. We know this because there is actual data that shows it. But it doesn't matter, drivers today are worse because Vmax says so. lol Whatever.

Follow the logic here. Driver's today are supposedly worse because they are distracted by cell phones and other gadgets. This makes them worse drivers right? Only the number of overall accidents has not gone up at all. Wouldn't that actually make them better drivers? I mean if they are so distracted by their cell phone but there is no significant or measurable increase in car accidents, those distracted drivers must actually be pretty good at multi-tasking. lol Food for thought.
Cause manufacturers have to come up with more safety crap to make up for all the idiot drivers....People don't drive cars these days, they steer and let their car tell them what they're doing wrong.

6 speed manual 2011 Camry SE
1995 Mustang-1994 Mustang GT
1985 AMC Eagle
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arabianobsession For This Useful Post:
ECHOKnight2000 (01-17-2013), Vmax2007 (01-17-2013), zythr (01-17-2013)
#96 Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Modern cars have had numerous airbags and side impact braces since the mid to late 90's. If it was simply a matter of air bags and modern improvements to safety features we would have seen a significant drop before 2005. I would think the more likely explanation for the drop in fatalities is due to the fact that fewer young people own and drive cars now than did in the past. Young drivers lack experience and are more likely to do something stupid behind the wheel of car which leads to fatalities. Fewer young drivers on the road means fewer fatalities.

I suppose you can either accept hard data or you can stick with "No drivers are worse because I drive a car and I say so." Which doesn't really hold any credibility for me but whatever works for you guys.
Re: "fewer younger drivers on the road....."

"Don't know if that is statistically-based.....but a recent WSJ article attributed the decline in traffic-related fatalities to medical technology saving more critically injured drivers. That include the training and equipment of first responders as well life saving techniques and technology used by medical providers at the trauma centers. Any incident occurring anywhere in northern NE that the victim is critical, the injured is immediately stabilized and life-flight'ed into Boston...... This trauma protocol practiced nationally... Which all translates into high survival rates and lower traffic fatality statistics.
#97 Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Need For Speed

Garage
Here's another thought regarding young drivers.....what about older drivers who have dramatically higher reaction times? Sure they're experienced but I think we can all agree we have heard/know older drivers who shouldn't be driving anymore because they've been in numerous accidents. I work in a body shop and I see things like that all the time.

Case in point, older gentleman has been in 2 pretty substantial accidents in his Odyssey in the last 3 months and his car has 350 miles on it....

1985 AMC Eagle
#98 Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned as a troll

They need to get more serious about banning (and enforcement) of cellphones and any other gadgets that distract drivers as well as general inattentive driving.

I would also support mandatory annual testing of ALL drivers over the age of 60. This should include a road test, some general reflex/reaction time testing as well as hearing and eye exams.

Not really sure what this has to do with the reveal of the 2014 Corvette, but oh well.
#99 Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Need For Speed

Garage
Good point, I think we got distracted....

1985 AMC Eagle
#100 Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER

The Following User Says Thank You to Zembonez For This Useful Post:
humanoid (01-17-2013)
#101 Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Everyone needs to calm the fuck down or temp bans will be handed down and enforced. And keep it on topic, not off. If this shit keeps up, this thread will be deleted. Now back to bashing the rear taillights of the new C7 Corvette!

#102 Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Now back to bashing the rear taillights of the new C7 Corvette!
I'd like to bash them with a rusty hammer, don't like them at all. If Chevy could have restrained themselves a bit I think the car could have looked a lot better, but as it stands too many styling cues, too many creases and scoops. And those lights, cheapens the car IMO.

2000 Lexus ES300 Millenium Edition
1993 Camry V6 LE
1990 Camry LE V6
1990 Camry LE V6 WAGON
1987 Camry LE I4
#103 Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Banned as a troll

Quote:
Everyone needs to calm the fuck down or temp bans will be handed down and enforced. And keep it on topic, not off. If this shit keeps up, this thread will be deleted. Now back to bashing the rear taillights of the new C7 Corvette!

no problem. I started a new thread specific to this topic.
#104 Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned as a troll

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, are there any other kind of taillights?
#105 Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Nope, I guess not....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax2007 View Post
Just out of curiosity, are there any other kind of taillights?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > General Discussion