Toyota Nation Forum banner

Camry to Avalon Aftermarket Swaps

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  02RSX90camry 
#1 ·
Does any one know which parts for the Camry will fit the Avalon? I own a 99 Avalon and there are absolutely NO parts for it! I read somewhere that someone had a Ractive intake for his Avalon. Is that made for the Avalon or was that a Camry intake? Will the intake, exhausts, springs/shocks, and strut bars from a Camry fit a 99 Avalon? If anything I really want to get better suspension and HOPEFULLY an exhaust. (I used to think that Pacesetter had one but I guess I was wrong...)
Thanks

#2 ·
The camry and avalon share engines...so camry parts "should" fit the avalon- except for bodywork stuff. Exhaust would definitely be different sizes...but it should not be that difficult to retrofit a camry system onto the avalon.

#6 ·
The Avalons have the 1mzfe V6 engne. They are FWD BobyYoo. So to sum up... so far, I've learnt that Intrax makes lowering springs for the Avalon, while Camry struts would be universally interchangable. I'm guessing that any aftermarket intakes should fit (w/o fitment problems? eg. clearance? what about mounting?). The rims are I'm assuming interchangable between Solaras, Avalons, and Camrys. And I just found out that, I guess, aftermarket Camry exhausts will fit.
Okay another question then... I own a XLS model and there is a midrange woofer in the trunk. I've heard that they are 6.5 inches but I've been told that they are 8's. My question is how would I go about removing the woofer cover in the rear deck? I want to take out the woofer so I could take a look at it and perhaps measure it. Also when I buy a new one I'd be able to do it myself. It looks like it could pop out when pressure is applied at the right places but I'm worried that I'll end up snaping some plastic clips. Any one know?
Thanks
Blake

#8 · (Edited)
AznFiend said:
The Avalons have the 1mzfe V6 engne. They are FWD BobyYoo. So to sum up... so far, I've learnt that Intrax makes lowering springs for the Avalon, while Camry struts would be universally interchangable. I'm guessing that any aftermarket intakes should fit (w/o fitment problems? eg. clearance? what about mounting?). The rims are I'm assuming interchangable between Solaras, Avalons, and Camrys. And I just found out that, I guess, aftermarket Camry exhausts will fit.
Okay another question then... I own a XLS model and there is a midrange woofer in the trunk. I've heard that they are 6.5 inches but I've been told that they are 8's. My question is how would I go about removing the woofer cover in the rear deck? I want to take out the woofer so I could take a look at it and perhaps measure it. Also when I buy a new one I'd be able to do it myself. It looks like it could pop out when pressure is applied at the right places but I'm worried that I'll end up snaping some plastic clips. Any one know?
Thanks
Blake
you will see the sub wen u open the trunk and look up near the back of the seats are

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.