Toyota Nation Forum banner

CarSponsorship.com -- Be Aware!

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Compuwiz 
#1 · (Edited)
My friend signed up for this and he got a letter back sayin that they accepted him for sponsorship. The deal is, if they can get you a sponsorship worth 500 dollars or more, then they charge you 89 dollars from a credit card. So I decided, why not? Ill give it a shot.

So I got an email back saying:
Congratulations Mike! We are pleased to inform you that a national automotive company has picked you up for sponsorship for the upcoming 2005 car show season. The amount and the details of the sponsorship are being negotiated and finalized with the company at this time by our staff on your behalf. As in any sponsorship we secure, it will be a full sponsorship which means you do not have to pay for products, shipping or incur any other costs associated with the sponsorship. By the end of the day we will have your sponsorship package drawn up and sent to you via first class mail. This package will have all the information on the sponsorships including decals, vouchers, sponsor information, and other pertinent information you will need. Please keep in mind that our team has negotiated and secured this sponsorship based on the information you provided on your application.

Also, because your application meets one or more of our guidelines, our Advanced Placement Department (APD) is interested in your qualifications. They are currently reviewing your application and will be working to get you an additional sponsorship. APD uses strict standards to place qualified applicants and many times they are able to get additional sponsorships.

We are sending your sponsorship package to the following address:

[My address]

If the address is incorrect please email us immediately with the correct information.

Although we are always here to help you build a relationship with your sponsors, ultimately, it is your responsibility to contact them and keep them informed on your progress and events that you attend.

In addition to the 2 sponsorships above, APD would like to give you an opportunity to get another sponsorship. Let’s see how you do:
Hi Mike, my name is Amy Chase from the Advanced Placement Department of CarSponsorships.com. If you are going to be entering your car into any of the Hot Import Nights Car Shows please contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We have immediate but limited full sponsorship openings ($7,000+) for your 1996 TOYOTA AVALON. Unfortunately, APD can’t award this sponsorship to you based solely on your online application because our sponsors rely on us to find and screen all applicants completely to insure that they can fulfill their obligations. We know you have good intentions, and that’s why we are giving you this opportunity, but we need to hear from you and feel confident that you will follow through with this sponsorship commitment. This sponsorship package for the 2005 H.I.N. show venue will include tires from Dunlop, full suspension from B&G Suspension, rims from Raveann.com Wheels, lighting from StreetFX, bulbs from VisionBulbs, free subscriptions from Performance Auto & Sound Magazine and
many other products from our partners. If you are interested and can attend at least 1 H.I.N. show please submit your inquiry to our Advanced Placement Department by going to: http://www.carsponsorships.com/form/sponsorships.php I will be your contact person for the HIN show venue only and will review your qualification form. Please don’t delay; the first H.I.N. Show starts March 5, 2005.

Remember, CarSponsorships.com doesn’t stop working for you just because we have obtained these initial sponsorships. Depending on how well you build a relationship with us and your sponsors will determine what sponsorships we will be able to issue you. Not only will we get you sponsored by larger companies, every 30 days you will receive an email from us with new sponsorships that you can easily and immediately get approved for. Under no circumstances are you ever charged for these additional sponsorships. Over the course of the year, you may receive many more sponsorships for your car. We work with many major automotive companies like Dunlop, B&G Suspension, Megan Racing, Blaupunkt Audio, Performance Auto & Sound Magazine, StreetFX Lighting Systems, Raveann Wheels, HouseofBoom, Vision Bulbs, Decalkits.com, WheelsNext and many others to bring you great sponsorships from companies that you know and trust.

We can’t emphasize enough the importance of you keeping in close contact with us. We realize that you have already made an effort to fill out our application, but we also want to get to know you and your car better. We have many sponsorships available but we will only award them to those that show us the effort. We need to feel confident that you are reliable, professional and will represent our sponsors to the fullest.

Again, we look forward to working with and you should receive your sponsor package within 7-10 days. Have a great night and don’t forget to contact Amy if you are interested in the H.I.N. Sponsorship.

Sincerely,

CarSponsorships.com

So I was like, sweet! Until I realized that my friend, who has done A LOT to his car-2001 Mercury Cougar (performance, audio, etc.)...I have only done Tint and Head Unit, and 2 speakers. So that was a major suspicious right there. I finally got my packet today with information and such.

I got a full sponsorship from decalkits.com (free decals and such, including shipping but can only use one voucher per 30 days not all at once). I also got a "quasi sponsorship" which means I get all things at-cost (atleast 50% off list price if not more). They have a 245 or so brochure to download, and atleast 95% of the catalog is no-named audio parts, there is some pioneer and Audiobahn here and there, and JVC, certainly no JLs. So I did more reading, and in the contract from CarSponsorships.com, it says that I need to enter my car in atleast 3 car shows this year to maintain sponsorship. If I do not attend 3 shows, then I lose sponsorships, and if I did take advantage of any price breaks from the 2nd company, I need to pay the other half that I was discounted. I also need to keep the cardecals.com decal they gave me on my car in two places, and the 2nd company is optional but highly recommended to put on my car. It came to a total of $625 dollar "combined" sponsorship, this is how they steal ur money.

...keep in mind that my friend and I have had the EXACT same offer, email, etc. No difference what-so-ever. You also have to pay atleast 50 dollars per car show to enter your car in the show.

Do the math: 89 dollar sponsorship thing at beginning, 150 dollars in car shows, and any upgrades you add to your car, in my oppinion its not worth it.

I would not be supprised that any car could get sponsored. I advice everyone to stay away from them, I think its a scam. Right now Im trying to get my 89 dollars back from the company, or else Im going to call up Visa and have it disputed.

Anyway, I wanted to give insight to you all. I would stay away from this company, I learned the hard way.

See less See more
#2 ·
You obvoisly never had real sponsorships then.

THEY ARE NOT HAND OUTS. I have over 13 MAJOR companies backing my car. All of them had contracts saying that I had to show at X amount of shows and had to get into magazines. Most of my sponsrships have been full but many partial sponsors.

This is NOT a rip off. It's more of an agency getting your sponsorships. There's a lot more you need to learn about the industry.

#4 ·
I know how sponsorships work

But is it just me that would think that its weird that I got the EXACT same sponsorship as my friend, when he has done EXPONENTIALLY more than me? I think so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.