1993 Yota pickup Dome light upgrade - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
1993 Yota pickup Dome light upgrade

I found a SR5 dome light that I was going to put in my 1993 Toyota pickup. I removed my review mirror and went to install the new dome light but there wasn't an electrical plug to plug into the new dome light. My original mirror has no light and is just the mirror. So is the plug pushed up or stashed somewhere or does the plug not exist? It seems like with other options the electrical plugs are there even if the option didn't come installed so I was curious if that was the case here. Anyone have any info?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	97034   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	97042  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Yoda: Small & Green :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffy85 View Post
I found a SR5 dome light that I was going to put in my 1993 Toyota pickup. I removed my review mirror and went to install the new dome light but there wasn't an electrical plug to plug into the new dome light. My original mirror has no light and is just the mirror. So is the plug pushed up or stashed somewhere or does the plug not exist? It seems like with other options the electrical plugs are there even if the option didn't come installed so I was curious if that was the case here. Anyone have any info?
I've never had the opportunity to disassemble my SR5, but with the number of different items in my truck, vs the standard pickup, I would guess they have different wiring harnesses. I could be wrong, but that's just what I would think, as I can't see the factory running a bunch of wires to a roofline in a truck which had no intention of getting any lighting up there. It's not like the SR5 was a dealer option, so I would think you're going to have to run your own wiring harness.

Nice score, otherwise....

T.

94 SR5 Extended Cab, 3.0L, 5 spd manual, Spray on liner, Leer Cap (god forbid!), Class 4 hitch w/ 7 pin connector, HD front sway bar, Air Bag Load leveler in rear .....and a 2003 Sequoia SR5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux