22RE was driving and had power loss. - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
22RE was driving and had power loss.

I have a 92 Toyota Truck with the 22RE. A few weeks ago I had the exhaust changed out from a flow master that was loud as hell. Everything was fine the remainder of that day. The next I go take it for a drive and run through a drive through. while heading home I have a loss of power. i take it back to the mechanic who worked on the exhaust and he said the exhaust manifold was leaking so he fixed that as well.

it's running better now, but I think it's still running rough.

I changed the plugs and wires, and took this video. was hoping someone here might have an idea what to check for. all the plugs looked the same when I took them out.

it's getting very poor gas mileage. the idle sounds lower than before, it used to have a much faster idle.

i checked the ECU for codes and it's just blinking steady.

separate issue. it's never blown hot air. probably the thermostat.

here is a link to the video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq3WQ224JGfotzIF7fgKn9Hnsisj

thanks for all the help!

my thoughts are it's the O2 sensor. the truck drove great before the exhaust swap. but not sure if having a bad o2 sensor would make the truck run rough right when you turn it on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux