Vacuum diagram for a 90’ 4x4 3.0 V6?? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-02-2006, 09:46 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Canada Vacuum diagram for a 90’ 4x4 3.0 V6??

I replaced the valve cover gaskets on my truck. When I took the vacuum lines off I marked almost all of them (ones that could obviously only go in one place I didn’t mark) so I wouldn’t have problems getting it back together.
I just got it all back together today, took it for a drive and have a very stiff break pedal. I suspect that’s because there’s no vacuum going to the booster? I took the line off that goes into the booster, and with the truck idling, there is no suction coming from that hose.

So now I need a vacuum hose diagram… to make sure I put it together correctly.

Anyone know where to get it for this engine?

1990 4x4 SR5 3.0L V6 EFI – Canadian.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Banned

check www.autozone.com .

They will have it on their site.
#3 Old 12-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Senior TN Member

At the top on the main truck section of this site you will find tons of links to free service manual downloads or find someone near you with 1988-95 4-Runner/pickup with a 3VZE engine.

Sidney® ™
E-mail:sidneybek@yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 252 000 KM
#4 Old 12-03-2006, 10:16 AM
YOTA Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
check the other end of the hose for vacuum. Is there any chance that you got the hose on backwards? It has a check valve that only allows air to pass one direction.

Don't talk about it, Just do it!

#5 Old 12-03-2006, 06:53 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies everyone. Good stuff.

I’ve found a diagram here (thanks overdrive and sydnay):
http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/engine/74layoutan.pdf

Only problems is, there’s more hoses in my truck than are depicted in this diagram.
I’ve made sure everything is hooked up as per the diagram above... but the diagram doesn’t show the break booster vacuum hoses.

So, I’ve followed the vacuum hose back from where it leaves the break booster, through the check valve (which I don’t think is the problem – because I never removed it) around the passenger side of the engine, then around the front of the engine and into a box next to the air filter box (under something called the resonator). The box that the break booster hose attaches to has an outlet that attaches to the air intake 'pipe' (not sure what that main pipe is called that runs between the throttle body and the air filter box is called). Because the box that the booster hose is attached to is attached directly to this main intake hose, I suspected there would be a good amount of vacuum being drawn though where the booster cable attaches… but there isn’t. I’m not sure what this means. The box is attached directly to the main intake pipe. I guess the vacuum is all being drawn through the air filter box rather than this box… but I’m not sure why. I did notice there’s a valve at the top of the filter box that controls how much air is being drawn though the filter as opposed to the rest of the system. Could it be that I missed hooking the electrical part up that operates this valve?? I don’t know.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
#6 Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
So I took the truck to a Toyota mechanic. He quickly deduced that I had hooked the vacuum booster hose to the wrong spot. It has to go directly into the intake housing rather than the hose that goes to the main intake 'pipe' (like I discussed in my previous post).

So in the end it’s all worked out. This would have been much easier if I could have found a vacuum diagram that showed the break booster hoses.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux