Toyota Nation Forum banner

Does anyone have a broken 93 3VZE??

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Corbit 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My 93 truck just died and it bit it hard. I took the engine out and luckily I didnt have a hole in the block. 2 Rods snapped and took out the lower craddle that holds the mains on the crankshaft. If any of you have a broken 3VZE with that craddle that is still good and wish to sell it let me know. All I have to do is replace 2 rods and that craddle. The Crank was unharmed. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I have a totally remanned longblock :). Its a really damn nice engine still all wrapped up from the company I bought it from. I don't know if you wanna take that big of a leap, but just figured I'd mention it since I'm stuck with it as of right now and trying to find someone to buy it.

#5 ·
I bought the car with the engine like that. I thought it was a seized bearing but upon inspection it was definately the rod caught up against the craddle. Everything else is good and I can rebuild it with Genuine Toyota Parts for about $400 + machine work ($300) I just really need that craddle and sometimes people have those broken engines laying around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.