89 22re Fuel Filter and Water Bypass Hose question - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners. NEW!

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 89whitetoyota's Photo Gallery
89 22re Fuel Filter and Water Bypass Hose question

2 Questions here -

1. Where in the hell do the two hoses on the water bypass (located on the passenger side of the block under the EFI intake) go? Does one go into the throttle body? I am kind of lost here so if someone could give me an idea, I would appreciate it.

2. Also, I have rebuilt the 22re in my 89, and I replaced the fuel filter while the motor was out since doing it in the car is extremely rediculous, but I cant figure out where the line on the front of the filter connects. I have the line on the back of the filter figured out, but the one on the front has the banjo fitting for the filter, then on the other end has this metal tube with a flare and a threaded coupling. Should I be looking for a rubber hose or metal line?

I will post some pictures of my motor soon, I am proud first yota and motor I have owned and rebuit.
89whitetoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View FlatRate's Photo Gallery
Here is a pic of mine on the car:

Sorry I don't have a pic of the other end for ya handy.

Too many trucks I've been through so not going to list them all. But they have all been good to me and I'll keep buying old ones.

FlatRate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View 89whitetoyota's Photo Gallery
thanks for the pic, I got that fixed, the other end would be gorgeous though.
89whitetoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux