Exhaust repair - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners. NEW!

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Quickywd01's Photo Gallery
Exhaust repair

I just bought a pickup and the pipe between the cat and the muffler has rusted by the muffler and it's not attached. I see it's put together using clamps. To fix it I was going to buy a tail pipe, muffler, and two clamps. The rubbe hangers are fine but the rods that go to the pipe is not attached due to rust. How is that supposed to attach? At advanced auto parts a muffler, tail, pipe and two clamps will cost me about $100. Any info would help.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View denniswoo's Photo Gallery
USA exhaust

you can get a factory replacement that has the factory hangers and all for under 100

1989-1995 Toyota Pickup BO286219 $74.61
http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByVehicle/TOYOTA/PICKUP
denniswoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Quickywd01's Photo Gallery
I bought a quiet flow muffler from advacned in town and hacked what was left of the rusty old one and clamped the new one in. It's almost stock quiet but there are some leaks up front in the system. Failed inspection for a rusty tail pipe and exhaust leak. Cost me about $70 for the muffler, 2 clamps, and a adapter pipe. Tomorrow I'm going to get under the truck while it's running and find all the leaks. I think I'll need to replace everything up to the headers and hopefully the cross over is fine because that thing is so expensive. I priced out all the parts including gaskets and hangers at advanced and it came out to $420. Partstrain looks cheaper but I can't find all the pieces right now so I'll use the online help tomorrow. What I really need is a welder, it's just pipes....
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux