1994 V6: Trouble Code 25 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners. NEW!

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 94 Tacoma SR5's Photo Gallery
1994 V6: Trouble Code 25

1994 Toyota 4x4 X-Cab SR5 V6 with 214,000 miles. Truck is in top shape mechanically and cosmetically.

Brought vehicle to local Toyota dealer. Technician discovers that the large intake tube connected to the throttle body is cracked and causing a vacuum leak downstream of the MAS. Ordered factory part and installed myself, code cleared. A couple days later the code returns. Back to the dealer and the Service Manager tells me that I need 1) new injectors, and 2) new spark plugs. I question him directly as to why I suddenly have (6) injectors which has somehow simultaneously all gone to shit and the spark plugs (Bosch Platinum) has suddenly stopped working? Slightly changes his tune and tells me now that they are "clogged" and the plugs aren't "hot enough." Cost to replace injectors was quoted at $1050 for just the parts. Didn't bother finding out about the plugs. Paid for the diagnosis and left.

I headed over to AutoZone and picked up (4) cans of Berryman Chem Tool Fuel injection cleaner, (2) cans of Gumout, and (2) cans of SeaFoam. Dumped the (4) cans of Berryman into the fuel tank. Ran the truck and emptied (2) cans of Gumout into the throttle body, and thew the remaining (2) cans of SeaFoam into the tank before filling it back up. Drove around the local highway, up and down [repeatedly] on the throttle get the solvents working/passing thru the injectors.

Now, my feeling is that I was being ripped off by the suggestions made by the dealership. The plugs have been in the vehicle for 6 months without any problems. I also add fuel injection cleaner to the fuel at least a couple of times per year (mininum). I am also not sold on the idea that the NGK or Denso plugs are any better than the Bosch, as I have used them in other vehicles with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Please advise. Thanks.

Bob
94 Tacoma SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View Ricksgun@hotmai's Photo Gallery
One of my best friends is a certified Toyota mechanic. Worked for a dealership for 14yrs and was shop foreman for most of that. He just works on friends Toyotas now and makes a living doing computer software work for the government on contracts. Without a doubt, the sharpest man Ive ever known. Once when he was working on my truck, he told me he had never seen a clogged injector on the v6. He also told me the injector cleaner that you buy and put in the tank does a good job of cleaning, your wallet, it does nothing for the injectors.........thats what he said.....take it for what its worth......regards Rick
Ricksgun@hotmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ears93

View Ears93's Photo Gallery
I get the same code. The light comes on then goes off tried a lot of different things and still comes on. Hopefully this thread wil help us both and save any more wasted money. By the way, I'm runnin new NGK's. So let's see if we can stay away from the spark plug problem.
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux