1994 Truck Radio Install - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux

89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion forum for the 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux owners. NEW!

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View nicktoyota's Photo Gallery
1994 Truck Radio Install

New here-Nice Board. I am new to it and posted this under the Audio board first. Hoping to get a response here.

I have a 94 toy truck fourwheeldrive extended cab five speed. Installing a Sony stereo 52 watt with a CD player model CDX-GT56UI. Nothing fancy. The radio I pulled out of my truck was not OEM and it was hardwired to the truck wires so the toyota harness has been removed.

I have the 71-1761 reverse harness, (male), that I think is to be wired to the truck wires. The 70-1761 (female) is backordered but I think that will hardwire into the new radio pigtails. Since it is backordered, I've not seen the 70-1761.

I am a little confused on the truck connections, and likely the radio connection once the 70 series arrives-none of the wire colors match up and my harness has ten wires and under the dash has 9 wires. I thought the 71 series was a direct match to the truck wiring and the 70 was a match up to the radio. The harnesses....I thought....would snap up together.

Any direction on this would be great.
Thanks!
nicktoyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > 89-95 Toyota Pickup/Hilux