Help DIY clutch master cylinder bleeding - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Pre-88 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion area for the '88 and older Toyota Pickup/Hilux. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Help DIY clutch master cylinder bleeding

I need some help. I am replacing with new/rebuilt(Autozone), both my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder on my 86 22r 2w drive truck. I am having one hell of a time trying to get fluid thru my lines(pumped clutch pedal over 100 times,still no luck, but mast clutch cylinder seems to work fine!!?????) from the master to my slave cylinder. My lines are clean and I am pumping and bleeding the holy crap out of the system but all I am getting out of my slave is alittle air but no fluid. It is driving my absolutly nuts. Several years ago I went thru this and ended up having to rotate my slave cylinder upward so as to make the bleed nipple point upward(to remove air bubbles) and then I gravity bleed the system. That eventually worked and did the job. Now I cannot for the life of me get fluid down to the slave and its driving me NUTS. Anyone with good experience with this procedure on these old Toyota's would be much appreciated! I have been DIY ing on cars for 40 years and I am at my wits end. Help! anybody.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Good news, I have fixed my clutch hydralics. I just went and returned the clutch master cylinder from Autozone and got another new/rebuilt one. This time I BENCH BLEED the master prior to install and this procedure did the trick!!! Blench bleeding it is very easy and removes all the air and primes it ready to install.(15 min)Once it was installed, It only took about a half dozen pumps with the pedal to release all the air at the slave cylinder and in no time I had full pedal pressure once again. Moral of story, ALWAYS BENCH BLEED master cylinders PRIOR to install, MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER! to bleed any air from either your brakes or clutch systems. BENCH BLEED BENCH BLEED!!!
#3 Old 03-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Official TN Member

I installed a speed bleeder on my clutch slave cylinder, and my brakes...Installed them on my 84 Toy 4wd and my 89 Honda Civic and replaced weak old fluid with new stuff...Awesome product...One guy brake and clutch bleeding...
#4 Old 03-25-2007, 12:52 AM
One with the force

bench bleeding of any 'master' cylinder is a no-brainer !!!!!!!!

also found on TinBenders.org
Pirate4x4.com
92 22RE x-cab 4x
and a 86 22RET as a 'truggie' rock crawler
pics in photo gallery-- Krusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > Pre-88 Toyota Pickup/Hilux