1985 22R pickup - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > Pre-88 Toyota Pickup/Hilux

Pre-88 Toyota Pickup/Hilux Discussion area for the '88 and older Toyota Pickup/Hilux. NEW!

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View whitesell7's Photo Gallery
1985 22R pickup

Hi folks, I am a new member and I have a question or two about my 85 truck. I currently have it taken apart to replace the broken plastic chain guide. My question regards the Air Suction system and whether or not I need it or not. I have read other posts and there seem to be some tree huggers out there, but where I live, there are no vehicle inspections and my converter has been off for about 10 years. My engine is the 22R, so no computer, no O2 sensors, etc. I would like to put a block off plate on the exhaust manifold where the tubes bolted up. Has any one had experience with this? I know a header would not have this provision, so I am thinking I can live without the extra tubes and hoses. It would sure make changing the oil filter a lot easier too! Any help would be appreciated.
whitesell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View nuttinbuttoyota's Photo Gallery
22r

whitesell7...sorry i can't answer your question, I'm writing to ask for something. Is it possible for you to send me pics of your carburator vacuum connections. I took mine apart a while ago and now I'm stuck because I can't remember where the connections go...thanks for any help you can provide
nuttinbuttoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

I still own the truck, but my son has it at college. I can ask him to take some photos and then I'll relay them to you. Now, I did not reinstall the Air Suction system and I do not use the EGR system either. I have several lines plugged. It only helped! If you are still interested, let me know. I have purchased an Offenhauser DP 360 intake and plan to install it shortly probably with the stock carb at first until I can find a good Weber DGEV.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bring On The MUD!!!!!

View Geius Maniacal's Photo Gallery
i have a weber 32/36 carb that is brand new, just sittin in the box if you are interested. i bought it for my old '83 with a 22r in it, but the truck was stolen so i was never able to install it! pm me if you are interested..

Cam

!!!SOLD!!! '83 SR5 w/ Cummins 4BT Turbo Diesel *Under Cons.* 6in Susp. and 3in Body lift on 35's
'99 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins BD Super-B, CDT2, Custom 47RE, Adrenaline w/ Pulse, BD Hot Rod VP44, Airdog 165, BD XXX-Pulse 125's, Isspro EV2's
Geius Maniacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

View Robby1870's Photo Gallery
I'm whitesell7's son. I just took some pics of the vacuum lines and vacuum diagram, although I don't know how much help they will be since we had plugged several of these lines when the AIR pump and EGR were removed/disabled. You'll have to excuse the dirty engine bay.

Last edited by Robby1870; 08-06-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Robby1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User

View flycut's Photo Gallery
Plugged up all my emissions

I have plugged up(welded ) All my emissions, Tore them all out and my truck is running stronger and more fuel efficient than the day she rolled off the assembly. Stock carb and exhaust just welded up, plugged and capped everything that was not needed. No problems and no mor vaccum leaks from the power robbing emissions.
flycut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
New TN User

I have a copy of the diagram from my Haynes manual. You can private message me with your mailing address and I'll send it to you. I don't know if my son's photos helped or not but the diagram is very clear.

Robert
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User

View Robby1870's Photo Gallery
Here's the picture of the vacuum diagrm from a Hayne's manual.

Robby1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Hilux (Pickup) Forum > Pre-88 Toyota Pickup/Hilux