Diagnostic code question,
I have searched for an answer and found a good way of checking to see what codes i have or not?
in the directions it shows the following:
Turn ignition switch to ON position.
- Do not start the engine.
- Place a jumper wire across TEl and El terminals in engine check connector.
Count number of flashes from CHECK ENGINE light.
- If system is operating normally (with no detected faults), the CHECK ENGINE light will blink continuously
and evenly about 2 times a second.
Otherwise, the light will blink a number of times equal to the trouble code as follows:
- The light blinks only (.5 second ON, .5 second OFF) when indicating a number.
- The light will be OFF for 1.5 seconds between the first digit and the second digit of the code.
- If more than one code is stored, the light will be OFF for 2.5 seconds before the next code is displayed.
- Once all code(s) have been displayed, the light will be OFF for 4.5 seconds and then the whole sequence will repeat.
On the wifes truck, it does the following.
light on...light off then 3.5 seconds light on then off then 3.5 seconds simply over and over again.
no difference whatsover, on off on off 3.5 seconds intervals.
is this a normal condition or is it giving me a number to go by??
Being the big goon, my brain is on goon overload, i cannot firure out how to tell.