Toyota Nation Forum banner

07 Electronic Door Lock Issues

760 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zemerson 
#1 ·
So I am having issues with the electronic door locks on my wife's 2007 Rav4 Limited. There is a little back story though, so let me fill you in. On my way home from work this morning my wife calls and says her car won't start. As I start questioning her it becomes apparent that she sort of does know how to handle this situation on her own. She asked a friend to give her a jump, the cables were to short so they pushed the car out of the parking space for access. Then a good sam came by and offer to help. End result the car still won't start. Ok, I'll swing by and look at it. Her friend takes her home and as I pull into the parking lot to check out the car my wife calls again. Oh, I just thought I'd tell you the gentleman who came by to help hooked the jumper cables up wrong and things really sparked and arched and the horn started honking, I jumped out and switched the cables but the car still wouldn't start. The battery must be bad. So I pop the hood and sure enough the Alternator 120 amp fuse is blown. Pull the battery to have it checked and charged and replace the 120 amp fuse (thats a pain by the way, it is far from plug and play). Checked and found about 5 other fuses blown, including the radio, the 4wd, cig lighter and one that controlled a major portion of the starting components (don't remember what it was called). While I haven't replaced the 4wd or the cig lighter fuses all other fuses appear to be in working order. However currently the R low beam headlight is out (might be a bulb, I'll check that tomorrow) and none of the power door locks work, either key fob remote wise or manual electronic button activation. Also the dome light doesn't come on when the door is opened but it works manually and the headlights don't flash when the key fob is activated. Does anyone have any ideas? Again, while I haven't replaced all the blown fuses, yet the ones that I have identified as blown shouldn't have anything to do with these issues, I have checked every fuse in all three fuse boxes. I read that it could be an electronic relay, how might someone go about searching that out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I've checked all fuses in all 3 boxes. Admittedly I'm not very well versed in mechanics or electronics but there seem to be 3 different components in the fuse boxes 1. The little normal fuse looking ones labeled 7.5 through 30. 2. The big square ones with the see through top window 50 up to 120. 3. Big square boxes with no see through window or labels. Are the ones without the see through windows relays? Regardless of what they are called how does one check them? I was hopeful when I finally found the box under the dash as it had fuses labels doors, power windows etc. But none of the ones which I figured would fix this wagon were blown so I pulled every fuse single fuse and ID'd only two more that were blown, 4wd and cig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.