Replacing 2 or 4 tires (RFT or non-RFT) on rav4 sport SAP - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
RAV4 Forum Looking for RAV4 information and resources? This forum is the place.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Replacing 2 or 4 tires (RFT or non-RFT) on rav4 sport SAP

Folks,
New member of the forum and I love the site. I have a 2010 Rav4 Sport v6 SAP 4WD in US with only 19500 miles. Recently, I had a puncture that is unrepairable on one of the tires and therefore has to be replaced. My vehicle being a 4wd, a couple of dealers (les schwab, Toyota) are basically saying I have to replace all 4 tires!! (costs about $1000)!. Just 3 weeks back during my regular tune up, Toyota said my tires can go for another 20k easily. The two front tires have tread depth of 6/32 inch and the two rears have 6-7/32 inch.
Questions:
1. How much truth is there to replacing all 4 or damage your 4wdsystem?
2. What is the allowed tread differential before all 4 have to be replaced? I called Toyota and they refer me to the local dealer (who I dont trust fully).
3. Can I just replace two tires and not have a problem?
4. I have Bridgestone RFTs. I have I have to replace all 4, should I consider going with non-RFTs? How can I get a spare and where can I put it? Or do those tire repair kits help me out without a spare?
Lots of questions, but I am in a fix and any help from fellow Rav4 or other Toyota AWD owners is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > RAV4 Forum